Anyone voting for Lyndon LaRouche?

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
This man does not get the attention he deserves. He wants to creat tariffs, to boost American businesses. He wants to rebuild the U.S. transportation system with bullet trains, which use no fuel and travel up to 300mph.

I'm not a big follower of his, but some of his ideas seem to be very good ones.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: chrisms
This man does not get the attention he deserves. He wants to creat tariffs, to boost American businesses. He wants to rebuild the U.S. transportation system with bullet trains, which use no fuel and travel up to 300mph.

If Lyndon LaRouche had a method to propel trains, or anything else for that matter, without using some type of fuel he wouldn't be running for President.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Linflas

If Lyndon LaRouche had a method to propel trains, or anything else for that matter, without using some type of fuel he wouldn't be running for President.

He has plenty of hot air maybe we should harness some of that for alternative energy research

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003

It's called Maglev, they already have them in Japan.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
In the off chance that LaRouche may land his space vehicle long enough to qualify for some ballot somewhere before he once again chases after Gort... No! I wouldn't vote for him nor support his concept of interplanetary synergy.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001

It's called Maglev, they already have them in Japan.

Maglev still uses fuel. It may not be fuel that is burned at the point of delivery like a diesel electric locomotive but the electricity needed to produce the magnetic field used by a maglev train must be generated somehow and that generation process will require an energy input of some type. As always TANSTAAFL applies.

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
I'd like to get some responses that use his views to show he wouldn't be a good president, rather than a bunch of ignorant fools spouting random insults. If you don't like someone that's fine, but at least contribute to the conversation by proving him wrong.

I realize that Maglev still uses fuel indirectly, but that doesn't mean it isn't a very efficient mode of transportation. From what I've heard it's been a great addition in Japan.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
I'd like to get some responses that use his views to show he wouldn't be a good president, rather than a bunch of ignorant fools spouting random insults. If you don't like someone that's fine, but at least contribute to the conversation by proving him wrong.

I realize that Maglev still uses fuel indirectly, but that doesn't mean it isn't a very efficient mode of transportation. From what I've heard it's been a great addition in Japan.

did you read this thread yet?