Anyone used an Ancona Cooktop from Costco? Can't find any info on them...

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Apparently they're owned by AMS Inc. who is a jobber. So, don't expect any support. The good news is it's a gas cooktop and pretty straight forward. Personally, I don't care for the burner grates but, that's just me.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
They don't carry them in the stores. I called my local store and they had never even heard of it. And since they have 34" which is a very strange size, instead of 36", I think we'll pass.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
They don't carry them in the stores. I called my local store and they had never even heard of it. And since they have 34" which is a very strange size, instead of 36", I think we'll pass.

They make multiple sizes, the 34" is just what Costco bought. They're not in other stores because AMS Inc. is a jobber who bought from the manufacturer (no way to tell who), slapped the 'Ancona ' brand on it and sold the lot to Costco. If you want name brand you pay for it. That's why they're cheaper. If you check out the quality first with your eyeballs (assuming you know what to look for) you can save a good bit of money. If you really like brand badges, glue a sub - Zero one on and impress your friends. :D

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
They make multiple sizes, the 34" is just what Costco bought. They're not in other stores because AMS Inc. is a jobber who bought from the manufacturer (no way to tell who), slapped the 'Ancona ' brand on it and sold the lot to Costco. If you want name brand you pay for it. That's why they're cheaper. If you check out the quality first with your eyeballs (assuming you know what to look for) you can save a good bit of money. If you really like brand badges, glue a sub - Zero one on and impress your friends. :D

Can't really check out the quality since they aren't carried in the stores. Hence the problem... And since it's a non-standard size, if you get it and don't like it, you then have to alter your countertop to put in a "normal" sized one which would just be a pain.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
How common are 34" cooktops? I see a lot out there from various brands, but I hadn't realized it was a "normal" size. I just (incorrectly) assumed it was like stoves which come in 30" and 36" and no 34".

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
How common are 34" cooktops? I see a lot out there from various brands, but I hadn't realized it was a "normal" size. I just (incorrectly) assumed it was like stoves which come in 30" and 36" and no 34".

This is the first 34" cooktop I've ever seen. Every other brand I've been looking at in Lowes, HomeDepot, Sears, etc has 30 and 36, no 34.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
This is the first 34" cooktop I've ever seen. Every other brand I've been looking at in Lowes, HomeDepot, Sears, etc has 30 and 36, no 34.
Well, I just did a quick Google search before I posted, and a lot of 34" cooktops popped up, from various brands, which is why I asked the question.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Can't really check out the quality since they aren't carried in the stores. Hence the problem... And since it's a non-standard size, if you get it and don't like it, you then have to alter your countertop to put in a "normal" sized one which would just be a pain.

Well, you could always just order and check it out. If it seems crappy just use that liberal costco return policy (assuming you have a local costco nearby to return it to).

thebombbomb

Dec 11, 2014
Hey guys...

First off, this is the range hood I own: http://www.anconahome.com/under-cabinet/Advanta-Chef-II-30

I've had this range hood for over 3 years now. Purchased, installed it, and been running ever since. Runs great. Sucks really well, and I have a long tube from the hood to the outside wall - over 25ft. Not knowing at the time we installed it, we should have installed a shorter tube, which would have made the suction a little but stronger. Don't know if I want to do that, as it performs excellent as it is. (Really don't see the need to suck the lids off the pots & pans on the cooktop - keep in mind, it is moving air at the rate of 900cfm. Your average range moves about 150-180cfm, and your bathroom fan moves air at 50-80cfm.)

The hoods come with two years warranty, which is a lot better than your standard Home Depot range hoods. Mine still has original bulbs in it.

All in all, it looks great. Works greats. And puts the cherry on the sundae in our kitchen...

Here are some specs from my range hood:
- 900 CFM
- Noise Level: Low Speed 1.5 Sones
– All Speeds 46db/58db/64db/67db
- Commercial grade 18-gauge stainless steel
- Under-cabinet hood
- 4-speed electronic controls with 3-minute time delay function
- 2 halogen lights (20 W bulbs included)
- Lights with 2 intensity levels (low/high)
- Dishwasher safe stainless-steel baffle filters for extra grease trapping
- Weight: 24 kg (53 lb.)
- Vent - Standard 7” round diameter top motor outlet
- CSA & CUL Approved

Hope this review helps you make a decision on which model you wish to install and compliment your kitchen. (Private message me for more details if you wish - will try to reply in a timely manner...)

BDN:thumbsup:

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Thanks for bumping a thread from over a year ago and putting in info about a hood when we are discussing cooktops...

marthawannabe

Sep 30, 2015
Words cannot describe how much I despise this cooktop. I didn't choose it, my dh did and it is the biggest pain in the *ss ever. Hard to clean, too many parts. It arrived with a cracked part that has yet to be replaced though we contacted the manufacturer. One of the rubber "pads" fell off repeatedly until I crazy glued it back on. It has started to smoke and flame shortly after being adjusted by local professional gas installers. I believe it is because the burner tops on the affected burners are now concave instead of convex. Some of the burners take forever to light. Don't like it, don't want it. I can't wait to save enough money to tear the whole mess out and get a new cooktop.

Reactions: Jorgesanchez
Nov 8, 2012
did this spammer just... necro... a necro? HOLY SHIT ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE! THEY DONT DIE!!!!!!!

But yes, I DO WANT A FREE IPOD!!

Jorgesanchez

Jan 14, 2017
Words cannot describe how much I despise this cooktop. I didn't choose it, my dh did and it is the biggest pain in the *ss ever. Hard to clean, too many parts. It arrived with a cracked part that has yet to be replaced though we contacted the manufacturer. One of the rubber "pads" fell off repeatedly until I crazy glued it back on. It has started to smoke and flame shortly after being adjusted by local professional gas installers. I believe it is because the burner tops on the affected burners are now concave instead of convex. Some of the burners take forever to light. Don't like it, don't want it. I can't wait to save enough money to tear the whole mess out and get a new cooktop.
Thank you for your post!
After reading this I decided to place one burner on the floor and using a hammer I flattened and it work!
Thank you Martha.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
N3iaHJl.gif

:confused: