Anyone use this site kumbaso before? they have pretty good prices on new games

46andtool

Aug 16, 2013
Okay, Im not spamming these forums but i googled metro last light to see where it was going for for cheap and this site www.kumbaso.com seems to have it for like 33 bucks, as well as other new games for really cheap..

is this site legit? anyone use it before? Apparently they email you a CD key after you complete an order and then you can just go on steam to DL the games..thoughts?

46andtool

Aug 16, 2013
I should have simply done a google search myself..thanks that's the type of info I was looking for

Mushkins

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2013
Most of these sites that email you the key afterwards are shady fly-by-night operations reselling foreign keys. Games in a lot of foreign countries (russia, korea, etc) are priced considerably cheaper even at release for economical reasons, but a lot of them are still either multilingual EU versions, or the standard US english version of the software.

These companies have a hook into some foreign distributor of keys, buy them at a discount, and resell them for less than the US price but more than they payed. You order the key, they buy the key through their back-room distributor, they charge you and email you the key. Easy money, but legally dubious. Of course, if they charge you and dont send you a key, or the key doesnt work, you're typically up shit creek without a paddle, and if it turns out the key was stolen in some way your Steam/Origin/whatever account is gonna get banned.

Not to mention the shady nature of it all means they're probably selling your personal info/credit card info on the side because why not.

These sorts of sites and deals pop up on Slickdeals frequently, the comments typically a mixed bag of "got a key and it works fine," "waited 2 days and never got a key," "its the russian version but it still activates fine and you can set the language to english," "key was bad and they dont return my emails," etc.

Personally, I pay the extra few bucks to know i'm getting legit goods or wait another month for it to go on sale from a real company.