Anyone tried these HTML editors?

FOBSIDE

Platinum Member
Mar 16, 2000
HTMLKit is very good. Pretty much everything is customizable. They put out releases all the time. I use it at work.

TheLogLady

Apr 11, 2001

According to the negative reviews at cnet downloads there is a bad piece of javascript (percieved by virus scanners as a JS_loop trojan) associated with some buttons in 1st page 2000. This is just a piece of javascript that performs some action in an infinite loop until your application or os crashes, so it's not terribly dangerous. But personally i would not use a piece of software that has a major error such as that in it. But maybe they have fixed this? Can't tell if they have released a new version since the negative reviews were posted.

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I take it that you are looking for something free?? Have a look at arachnophilia it is free and I just love it, you can use in any mode from wysiwyg to importing a text file and having it put on the html tags, takes about a day to learn to use it.
Bleep

Shudder

Platinum Member
May 5, 2000
CoffeeCup HTML is a somewhat limited shareware version.. you can use it for free without included Javascript, the rest of it I believe works just fine.

THere may be a piece of spyware in it though, I'm not sure.