anyone thinking the U.S. will leave Iraq anytime soon

IdaGno

Sep 2, 2004
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12319798/

?Embassy Baghdad? will dwarf new U.S. embassies elsewhere, projects that typically cover 10 acres. The embassy?s 104 acres is six times larger than the United Nations compound in New York, and two-thirds the acreage of Washington?s National Mall.

Larger than the U.N.? Looks like the pol's have long-term plans of some dimension & more than they've admitted to to-date. Wonder what kind of military bases we're building in Iraq & Afghanistan.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Didn't the House or the Senate just kill an amendment that would prevent the US from creating permanent bases in Iraq?

There's your answer. Plus, the Propagandist urged al-Maliki to use oil to bring Iraqis together. Gee...how diplomatic of him. :roll:

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Draw down troops before "November"---> "Elections" ----> "Raise troop levels for Iran" -------"Cycle, rinse, repeat".

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Meanwhile the US is blocking the UN from renovating their headquarters in New York which is in dire need.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ScudRunner
I hope we don't leave until all the oil is gone from the Middle East

You should run down to the Army recruiting station and sign up. Also, don't forget to volunteer for Iraq/ME duty for an extended period of time. Good Luck and be safe while you're there.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: alchemize
Probably 90 acres devoted to land dedicated to keeping truck bombs far away?

With all the money they took from US Citizens to play around in Iraq.. George should move his headquarters to that new Embassy.

I wonder if we had an embassy there before.. and was it being bombed all the time like the situation we created there?

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
I hope the "terrorists" blow it up as soon as they're done building it.
The only terrorists currently in Iraq are American troops forcing the Bush definition of "democracy" on millions who want to just be left alone.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Krakn3DfxThe only terrorists currently in Iraq are American troops forcing the Bush definition of "democracy" on millions who want to just be left alone.
you couldnt be farther from the truth. it is very wrong of you to label our troops as such...

i'll leave it at that.

ScudRunner

Banned
May 23, 2006
Originally posted by: Engineer

You should run down to the Army recruiting station and sign up. Also, don't forget to volunteer for Iraq/ME duty for an extended period of time. Good Luck and be safe while you're there.

Already did my 8 years in the military, thinking about signing up as a contractor with Blackwater.

ScudRunner

Banned
May 23, 2006
Originally posted by: Krakn3Dfx
The only terrorists currently in Iraq are American troops forcing the Bush definition of "democracy" on millions who want to just be left alone.

You should be a guest of GITMO

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Engineer

Already did my 8 years in the military, thinking about signing up as a contractor with Blackwater.

While I salute you for your 8 years, you should re-enlist. If you want the military there until the oil runs out, you should be a part of it. :)

FrancesBeansRevenge

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2001

It never takes long for their fascist streak to come out.
I imagine this isn't the only fool who wishes GITMO upon American citzens who simply don't toe the line. Frightening.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

The troops are doing what they are ordered to do.

Blame the civilian leadership, not the grunts.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: FrancesBeansRevenge

I imagine this isn't the only fool who wishes GITMO upon American citzens who simply don't toe the line. Frightening.
you rush to the defense of a guy who just called all of our Troops "terrorists"?

that says a lot about you and your particular agenda.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: palehorse74

you rush to the defense of a guy who just called all of our Troops "terrorists"?

No it doesn't at least as you seem to imply. To defend the right of expression of unpopular and unpleasant ideas, regardless of their truth or falseness, is quite American. To wish ill on those who exercise their right of free speech, to recommend their silencing, is indeed quite against what America is supposed to be about. A real American supports the right of others to express opinions and challenges those opinions not by repressing them but by challenging them on the battlefield of ideas. We real Americans believe that our truth of of such power and persuasiveness that on the battleground of reason we will come out on top, that we have the force of truth on our side and can win over all rational minds, the only minds that really matter.

To defend the right of other to put forth false ideas does not automatically mean one supports those false ideas. It can mean that one supports the notion that truth, regardless of whether any one person may think it truth, will win in the battle of ideas.

Feb 16, 2005
Looks like 'operation make my cronies richer than god' is right on track. I fcking hate this administration. Never have we had such a group of lying, power hungry, greedy thugs in charge. I hope they all rot.

Krakn3Dfx

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000

That comment was not totally unexpected. Of course anyone who deviates from your leader's glorious view of "democracy at the expense of freedom" needs to be locked up and left to rot.

Actually, I support the troops, in that I support removing them from Iraq. Troops that were sent there for a lack of a choice I fully support. Troops that signed up after the fact to go kill 'Raqis are scum of the Earth, and I've met more than a few of them. Our forces terrorize the region, killing dozens of Iraqis each day, sometimes for good reasons, often for small misunderstandings. I support life, the lives of our people, the lives of people in the Middle East. Whether or not they want to be, our troops are terrorists on foreign soil, forcing our beliefs on people who don't want it, flying the flag of a man who never fought anywhere, who has lived his life with a silver spoon in his mouth, and still can barely put a sentence together under pressure. Everytime we uselessly kill Iraqis that are just trying to live their lives, we are no better than the enemy we claim to be winning this conflict against.
You see pictures of troops handing kids in Iraq candy bars and footballs, and you think we're doing the right thing. I see kids in our own country who don't get a worthwhile education, kids without a healthcare net, kids living in poverty while the rich thrive more than ever, kids who will never have a chance at a decent life because your president has given away 70% of this country to foreign interests to fund a war that he helped start. You fear the inevitable, while I just try to live each day as it comes. You think where we are now is somehow safer because we're fighting insurgents in Iraq. I'm still not sure how you got there, but it's not any less wrong because of that.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Krakn: That comment was not totally unexpected. Of course anyone who deviates from your leader's glorious view of "democracy at the expense of freedom" needs to be locked up and left to rot.

M: Certainly wasn't unexpected to me. It was a very very common knee jerk reaction in my book.

K: Actually, I support the troops, in that I support removing them from Iraq.

M: Yes but isn't your support really simple minded. Don't you think that if we were just to pull out now we would further exacerbate a total disaster?

K: Troops that were sent there for a lack of a choice I fully support. Troops that signed up after the fact to go kill 'Raqis are scum of the Earth, and I've met more than a few of them.

M: A few examples do not establish a universal truth. Your dogmatic opinion that other people who have different opinions than you do must be scum is exactly the same irrational thinking you are protesting. Somebody wants you locked up to rot and you call others scum. I don't see a big difference. You are as filled with irrational contempt as they, no?

K: Our forces terrorize the region, killing dozens of Iraqis each day, sometimes for good reasons, often for small misunderstandings. I support life, the lives of our people, the lives of people in the Middle East.

M: What you call support others call treason. Your opinion has what to back it up as the greater opinion? Why should I assume you aren't just as full of hot air as they?

K: Whether or not they want to be, our troops are terrorists on foreign soil, forcing our beliefs on people who don't want it, flying the flag of a man who never fought anywhere, who has lived his life with a silver spoon in his mouth, and still can barely put a sentence together under pressure.

M: Emotional rhetoric is meaningless. One person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter. What evidence and truth do you point to that establishes your truth as superior to theirs. I see here nothing but irrational feelings. What does the fact that Bush is an idiot have to do with the justness of the war in Iraq. A lot of Iraqis are happy Saddam is gone, no? How do you know that our intervention isn't going to be a good thing in the long run. You make all kinds of assumptions about things nobody can have any real idea about in certainty, no?

K: Everytime we uselessly kill Iraqis that are just trying to live their lives, we are no better than the enemy we claim to be winning this conflict against.

M: Are we talking about intentional or accidentally caused deaths or does that make a difference to you?

K: You see pictures of troops handing kids in Iraq candy bars and footballs, and you think we're doing the right thing. I see kids in our own country who don't get a worthwhile education, kids without a healthcare net, kids living in poverty while the rich thrive more than ever, kids who will never have a chance at a decent life because your president has given away 70% of this country to foreign interests to fund a war that he helped start.

M: One truth does not deny the other.

K: You fear the inevitable, while I just try to live each day as it comes. You think where we are now is somehow safer because we're fighting insurgents in Iraq. I'm still not sure how you got there, but it's not any less wrong because of that.

M: I guess you aren't any more wrong either. :)

FrancesBeansRevenge

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2001

That you wouldn't defend an American's right to free speech, no matter how distasteful said speech is, says a lot about you and your particular agenda.

ScudRunner

Banned
May 23, 2006

That you wouldn't defend an American's right to free speech, no matter how distasteful said speech is, says a lot about you and your particular agenda.

Calling all the US troops terrorist's, means he is on the side of Al Qaeida, he should be a resident of GITMO for the duration on the WOT!

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

Calling all the US troops terrorist's, means he is on the side of Al Qaeida, he should be a resident of GITMO for the duration on the WOT!

Nice logic :thumbsup: :cool:

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

While I don't think the troops are terrorists at all, taking away FREE SPEECH for the WOT is destroying the very foundation of what the US was built on. Might as well tear up the Constitution and piss on it if that's your stance.