Anyone still want a radeon9700

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
can afford to wait 2-3 months. Then I'll change my mind again!

I`m going to wait until December then buy my next video card,more choices and drivers by then will be more mature on some cards(like on the ATi 9700) so that`s my reason why I`m going to wait.

:)

Moishe

Feb 27, 2002
lol... I like the fashion sense....
gotta have matching components... someone needs to start selling red pcb NICs and audio boards... I bet theres a market for it.

Putting together a new PC from scratch is 45% decorating skillz and 55% hardware skillz. :D

scottrico

Jun 23, 2001
`m going to wait until December then buy my next video card,more choices and drivers by then will be more mature on some

With the patch out for gamers,
my 9700 pro is running as sweet as can be.
This card has only been out a few weeks and ATI has already fixed all the issues I was having.

Great job ATI.

Rivergater

Jan 15, 2002
I hope the new nvidia card comes out before Christmas.

If not, then I'll probably get the Radeon 9700.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Would I buy one you ask. YES. I put it in today. The issues I had were getting the computer to install the video controllers, VGA one also. I was on the phone with ATI techs for quite a while to. I hope my free long distance applies to Canada also :D After pseaking with the guys there one guy told me that if you upgrade too many times with Win 2k and XP the OS will have to be reinstalled. he even said this is posted on the Microsoft site. So I did go and do what he said and it got it to work just fine. i even got the new drivers and the patch for BF 1942 and all work just fine. this is my first card ever from ATI and I went from 11000+ scores in 3dmark2001 SE to 12740 with the new card, and thats with no overclocking of the card. My fps did drop in my reg game I moderate in, but not enough to say its a bad card in any way, cause the fps in games more graphic intense did go up along with my 3dMark scores.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
With the patch out for gamers,
my 9700 pro is running as sweet as can be.
This card has only been out a few weeks and ATI has already fixed all the issues I was having.

Don`t get me wrong,I think the ATi 9700 card is great,but by December prices will be lower and the ATI 9700 drivers can only get better by then.

:)