Anyone see the movie Zodiac?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
I think it's worth a watch - even better on DVD in your comfortable couch because the slow pace makes it feel much longer than it really is while sitting in an uncomfortable theater seat.

Agreed. We rented it and I'm glad we saw it in the comfort of our home rather than movie theater.

Jun 4, 2005
The movie dragged on to a huge letdown of an ending. I was not impressed with the way they finished it off, and it could have been perhaps a little more suspenseful. I felt like I was watching a boring, long episode of CSI without all the gadgets.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
Just saw it last night.

****SPOILERS****

I think that the movie lacked tension (or rather lost it as it went on). I don't have a problem with movies that run a little long but this one didn't have the great pace and dialogue that you expect from a Fincher movie. It had some awesome scenes - the scene where Graysmith (Gyllenhaal) goes into Bob Vaughn's basement had my heart pounding really hard. The scene on the highway with the woman and her baby - I was expecting the worst to happen. The interrogation scene with Arthur Leigh Allen was splendid - the guy really stole the show right there. :Q

Overall good film that sometimes inundates you with tons of characters. I knew the movie was over 150 minutes long but I did check my watch at around the 100 minute mark and was left wondering, "Wow, it's only been 100 minutes? Felt like much more." The Zodiac killer has been referenced in lots of serial-killer themed crime novels (particularly those with ciphers) so I knew the ending had to be somewhat anticlimactic - but it still tied up pretty decently IMO.

****SPOILERS****

I think it's worth a watch - even better on DVD in your comfortable couch because the slow pace makes it feel much longer than it really is while sitting in an uncomfortable theater seat.

You summed it up pretty well. I enjoyed the movie, and knew all about the killings, so the ending didn't surprise me or disappoint me. There was some suspense like the basement scene to keep me going...even though i knew the outcome beforehand. I liked the film.

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
I rented this the other night. Great movie. I thought the ending was good. If you remember earlier in the movie all he wanted to do was look the killer in the eye..that was it. And he did.

Feb 10, 2000
I thought it was good. By many accounts it is based on a widely-discredited set of theories about the identity of the killer, but it was entertaining and suspenseful IMO.