Anyone remember watchihng these cartoons from the 80's/90's?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
The MASK opening credits remind me of that cartoon where the teenager turned into a car whenever he got wet.

Ha, found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UevBVGMap4

Ah, the change was activated by heat and cold, not wet and dry, but if it was a hot drink...

Ouch:
Turbo Teen was recently parodied in the Robot Chicken episode "Rabbits on a Roller Coaster" with Brett Matthews and Alex voiced by Seth Green while Patti was voiced by Chad Morgan. A drunken Brett is slapped by a woman he was hitting on, then falls and passes out under a street lamp where he turns into Turbo Teen. Alex and Patti have sex in him, then two drunk teens steal him and crash him into a lamp post and vomit all over him. Next, a homeless guy defecates on him, two vandals smash him up with pipes, parts are stolen off him, and he is towed away to a junkyard to be crushed in a compactor. Before getting crushed, Brett turns back into his human form, however, due to all the damage to the car, his eyes, hands, and feet are gone. A mangled and mutilated Brett lies in the compactor screaming in pain before he is crushed to death. A card saying "Don't Drink and Drive" is then shown.

MrToilet

Feb 28, 2005
My favorite toy was the red Camaro with gull-wing doors that the guns pulled out from.... Major player in the battleground that was my bedspread....lol, Hot wheels, erector tanks, lego guys, army guys.... those were the days, who needed all this "video" games?! :)

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Reboot was awesome. I haven't thought about it in years though. I should try to find some episodes.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I was already in high school when these 80's cartoons came out. I was born in the mid 60's so my cartoons of my youth were Underdog, Woody Woodpecker, etc. Yup, boring cartoons..

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
I remember liking the MASK cartoon, and being very disappointed when I saw the movie "Mask", which was all about a dude with a huge head.

I know exactly how you feel.
"Cool! A MASK movie!"
*tapes goes into VCR*
"Uh..."

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
I loved Reboot. The names never really meant anything for me until i got into computers, then it all made sense :D

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Reboot was weird. I watched it on Toonami when I was in elementary school. I don't think I really understood it.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
I remember getting the M.A.S.K. mountain base for christmas one year. I don't remember a lot about the show except something to do with helmets and a jet pack with an asian guy inside.

Never heard of reboot...

sutahz

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2007
I dont recall mask, but reboot blew. I watched it because there was nothing else on.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
never missed the M.A.S.K./C.O.P.S hour. I never could catch on to Jem or Beverly hills Teen though

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Spoilers for Reboot

I loved Reboot up until Bob died, and Mainframe turned to shit. After that, Enzo got annoying, and it kinda jumped the shark. I was surprised that they made even MORE episodes after Bob came back.

darkamulets

Feb 21, 2002
Loved M.A.S.K. as a kid and picked up the entire series on a australian release dvd collection. Man the memories!