Anyone play MVP BASEBALL 2004 for xbox

FFactory0x

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2001
I got this game the other day and it is sweet. TOP NOTCH PRESENTATION!!!
I also like how you can unlock older baseball players. That is sweet.
All i gott say is my first game ended in a 9th inning homerun by Bobby Abreau!!! GO PHILLIES

d0ofy

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
I played the PS2 version and it's impossibly hard to hit homers. Even in the home run derby, it's really hard. I guess it mimicks real life situations, but it's frustrating to not be able to bang out a homer in a derby.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Maybe it's just me but I swear the graphics look like they've been downgraded.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Without Live support, MVP doesn't interest me much... I'll definitely be hopping on the ESPN Baseball bandwagon, though. :)

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Played like 6 games of it yesterday over some Guinness, cheese crackers, chili-cheese dip and fritos. It was a good game. Just like real baseball, fun to play crappy to watch.

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
there are some pretty big problems with the game. dynasty mode is broken, no walks, computer never steals, awful ai manager... check out operationsports.com or the gone gold console forum for details. I still think it's a decent game tho, it just needed more cooking time.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
playing the pc version... i can't seem to hit the long balls... still playing in easy mode, and trying to learn all the controls... but I need to figure out how to:

- slide on the basebaths
- dive/jump
- hit the longball

Is there some kind of key in addition for these ? I didn't see the first two options in the controller setup.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
i played 2003 for the ps2.
it was pretty fun, i might get 2004.

one thing pissed me off on 2003.
did this
and wasnt even rewarded or mentioned.
:disgust:

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: gistech1978

did this
Nice no-hitter!
Originally posted by: rh71
- slide on the basebaths
- dive/jump
- hit the longball

Is there some kind of key in addition for these ? I didn't see the first two options in the controller setup.
Those first two, sliding and dive/jump, are done using the right analog. If I remember correctly, for sliding, pressing up at the opportune time slides heads first, pressing down is feet first (trying to break up a double play). The dive/jump is self-explanatory.

I actually used a head-first slide to avoid a tag into second. During the replay, the runner even slid to the inside of the bag, AWAY from the second basemen. Neat stuff.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: blurredvision
Originally posted by: gistech1978

did this
Nice no-hitter!
- slide on the basebaths
- dive/jump
- hit the longball

Those first two, sliding and dive/jump, are done using the right analog. If I remember correctly, for sliding, pressing up at the opportune time slides heads first, pressing down is feet first (trying to break up a double play). The dive/jump is self-explanatory.

I actually used a head-first slide to avoid a tag into second. During the replay, the runner even slid to the inside of the bag, AWAY from the second basemen. Neat stuff.

Not a no hitter, it's a perfect game. 27 batters up, 27 batters down. no hits/walks/etc.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: dabuddha
Not a no hitter, it's a perfect game. 27 batters up, 27 batters down. no hits/walks/etc.
Ahhh, didn't pay attention to the walks, etc. Good job. I've read that nothing is said about no-hitters/perfect games this year as well, but I could be wrong. I know I read about some guy who had a no-hitter going into the ninth, but lost it. He was kinda pissed off that nothing was mentioned about it in-game.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
- slide on the basebaths
- dive/jump
- hit the longball

PC version please. Using a keyboard. ;)

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
He was kinda pissed off that nothing was mentioned about it in-game.

that is a sure way to jinx it!!! Haven't you ever watched a real no-hitter? YOu don't talk about it!