Anyone out there still using the ATI Radeon 64 ddr card (w/ video in/out)?

bullion416

Jun 17, 2001
I was wondering if anyone out there uses the Radeon 64mb ddr (vivo) with windows xp. I have had nothing but problems with it. It seems to always have some sort of issue with games. Everything else works fine. With most games, it will stutter some times and also seem to have a sync issue with the textures which creates slight distortion when you are moving around in a game. Any ideas?

CurtCold

Golden Member
Aug 15, 2002
I have the Radeon 8500, and I have the same problems with MOHAA. Every other game I have works fine, Q2,Q3, Renegade, 1942, MaxPayne, etc. They all work fine, except for the sync, and "jitters" I get in MOHAA. I gots the latest Detonators, but still no dice. I dunno, other than the mohaa issue, I really like this card.
Might try Rage3d forums for other answers......

kurt454

May 30, 2001
I just pulled mine out. Running XP Home. Every game I was throwing at it was running good. It was time for an upgrade though.

sep

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2001
My friend has the same card ATI RADEON 64DDR VIVI (7200). He's never complained about the quality. He's running it on an Intel 850 Motherboard. I introduced him to Overclocking his video card and loves the extra performance he's gained in RTCW.

He's Running windows 2000 pro all patched up!

rogue1979

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2001
I am amazed your Radeon 8500 runs at all with any Detonators;) You must mean latest Catalyst drivers. I had similar problems with a Radeon 8500 in Win98. I knew it had to be some sort of driver/software issue, but I could never figure it out. Lately, with the price too tempting, I got a Radeon 9000. It started showing the same problems. I didn't give up this time and was using Rage3DTweak to overclock. After removing Rage3DTweak completely and reinstalling the overclocking tool only, everything runs perfectly. Rage3DTweak has a million settings turned on by default, and one or more of those was responsible for causing the gaming incompatibility. I would think your problem is similar with the 64MB DDR, and some sort of video setting or perhaps different driver will fix it.

pcmax

Jun 17, 2001
Had my 64mb VIVO for almost 2 years now or whenever the first week they were available. It's now in a secondary gaming system but has worked flawlessly with every game I have thrown at it in it's lifetime. Actually tried recording TV from the VCR for the first time the other day and was highly impressed with it. This has been with Windows XP since it first came out. You may just have a flakey card.

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Yep, it's a good card. I just replaced mine with an 8500 and have much better framerate's my trusty VIVO was still doing a fine job and will now go ito a secondary machine.

Johnbear007

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2002
Im still using mine, but geting REALLY bad frame rates in UT 2k3... I'm going to upgrade soon, but then my wife gets it and its a huge upgrade for her machine (she doesnt game much, but it will be AWSOME for what she does need it for (pretty much just warcraft 3) )