Anyone live in Manhattan?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: SuperNaruto
why do you need to be walking ?

i'm 153 east 53rd st.. citicorp center.. i run a hedgefund and i live in nj.. nyc is too pricy..

SN, I work pretty close to you, it seems... ;)

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: junkerman123
Originally posted by: SuperNaruto
why do you need to be walking ?

i'm 153 east 53rd st.. citicorp center.. i run a hedgefund and i live in nj.. nyc is too pricy..

Well, for starters I will be working until 2 AM and heading into work for before 10, meaning that any sort of commute, even a half hour one, significantly cuts into my sleep time. Second of all, I was told that things tend to come up and its better to be able to get to work quickly. Once I'm not a bitch analyst anymore I will be able to move away, maybe to queens. Citicorp center is very close to my apartment btw. :)

Also, I'm 21 and why not enjoy the Manhattan life for a couple years?

NYC is indeed expensive, but if you're working insane hours, then you'll want to play hard after you work hard - Manhattan is the place to be for that :)

junkerman123

Golden Member
Jul 4, 2003
Originally posted by: jman19
Heh, I'm just busting your balls. I thought most people who are in Ibanking are supposed to have good quant skills, though, which means being able to calculate percentages :p

You'd be surprised...most people in ibanking are just great bullshitters and can work a lot at a high level. My math skills are actually pretty good though, I just tend to exaggerate. :)

SuperNaruto

Aug 24, 2006
Ahh quant guys.. not bad... good luck

we hide guys like u in back with matlab running 24/7 :).. i get car service home.. so i dont mind living somewhere else.. yeah if your dept does well, you usually get high bonus.. my last few were over 150% of salary