Anyone live in India?

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/25/motorolas-9mm-motofone/3#comments

Siva @ Feb 6th 2007 11:22PM

I just got one, and I love it. The build quality is outstanding, reminiscent of Nikon prosumer cameras - torx fasteners, very strong advanced engineering plastics, gold-plated connectors everywhere. Those who have large hands may prefer a wider/squatter form-factor - the unit tends to slip out of one's hands.

SMS requires some getting used to for those who've previously been using Nokia. It's Rs.1655 (incl. taxes) ~ US $35, retail boxed with 1 yr warranty. This is the unlocked GSM version which works with just about any SIM card. I can't see how they're turning a profit on this unit, and the other handset manufacturers will weep when they see this unit. If there's a successor unit with MP3 and maybe removable flash, it will be a category killer.

This phone was supposed to be released here in America for ~$50 but so far that hasn't happened. I really want to pay $35 for a slim, good looking phone that comes unlocked and ready for any SIM card!!!

Once again, Americans are stuck with either bloated phones full of cameras, mp3 players, switchblades, and coffee percolators, or ugly Fischer Price styled cheap, somewhat small but bulbous phones. :angry;

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
I've been interested in this phone as well and will possibly have one coming over for me, if you're interested, might be able to get you one as well. It's simple, light, and small - exactly what I want, I don't want a camera or anything.

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
I've been interested in this phone as well and will possibly have one coming over for me, if you're interested, might be able to get you one as well. It's simple, light, and small - exactly what I want, I don't want a camera or anything.

If merc doesn't want it, I do. I've been waiting on this phone for a while.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
Once again, Americans are stuck with either bloated phones full of cameras, mp3 players, switchblades, and coffee percolators, or ugly Fischer Price styled cheap, somewhat small but bulbous phones. :angry;

Its called the Blackberry Pearl and it is oh so delicious.

Abhi

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2003
Yup, I am in India, have seen the phone.... and am willing to help :) PM me.

Its available for about $37..... i think.

Shipment to USA will cost a bunch though....