Anyone live in central Virginia?

Brian23

Banned
Dec 28, 1999
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else on ATOT lives near me. I live just outside Lynchburg Virginia.

Brian23

Banned
Dec 28, 1999
Lynchburg is about an hour from Roanoke and about 3 hours from Richmond. It's the city that Jerry Falwell lives in.
rolleye.gif

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
A good friend of mine lives in Blacksburg, a campus town (I believe it's Virginia Tech, or something)? Anyway, no, she's not an AT-er, but it's something to say anyway.

Brian23

Banned
Dec 28, 1999
Just as I suspected! Most of you AT-ers live in big cities out west: LA, Dallas, Austin and the likes of such. Only 5 people responded to a Virginia thread, and I don't live anywhere near ANY of them!

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Brian23
Just as I suspected! Most of you AT-ers live in big cities out west: LA, Dallas, Austin and the likes of such. Only 5 people responded to a Virginia thread, and I don't live anywhere near ANY of them!

oh, and i believe Azreale lives very close to you.. i think she is down by Farmville. (? *i think*)

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Brian23
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else on ATOT lives near me. I live just outside Lynchburg Virginia.

Heh, I don't live there, but I just got back last night after watching WCU wipe the floor up with Liberty, Saturday.:)

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
oh, and i believe Azreale lives very close to you.. i think she is down by Farmville. (? *i think*)
I'm 30 miles from Farmville, in Crewe (Nottoway County).

I'm a little over an hour from Richmond.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
Manassas here. We are slowly being absorbed into the DC Metro collective. :disgust:

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Only 5 people responded to a Virginia thread, and I don't live anywhere near ANY of them!
Make that another. I'm in the Northern Virginia area. I've been to Farmville, once though. We drove down there to hit the Greenfront Furniture stores and warehouses. It's definately a quieter place and slower-paced lifestyle than we have in Northern Virginia. I like the peacefulness, but I also like all of the excitement and options that Northern Virginia offers me. However, I am tempted at times to sell my house to cash in on the equity and purchase a place somewhere in central Virginia with the proceeds so I could live mortgage-free. Heck, then I could probably support my family on a 7-11 salary just like Apu on the Simpsons.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Farmville, Crewe, and surrounding areas are definately quiet. The job market sucks (unless you're an RN), and the most exciting thing to do is Wal-Mart.

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Azraele
Farmville, Crewe, and surrounding areas are definately quiet. The job market sucks (unless you're an RN), and the most exciting thing to do is Wal-Mart.

what as an RN? registered nurse?

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: n0cmonkey
Originally posted by: Rallispec
I'm from Manassas--- But currently going to school in Harisonburg

JMU?

EDIT: nm, checked you profile :p

haha.. slacker.

bridgewater is about 5 miles from JMU. way cooler though. You should come down some weekend.. we throw a party at our house here every weekend.

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: n0cmonkey
I'm from Manassas--- But currently going to school in Harisonburg

JMU?

EDIT: nm, checked you profile :p

haha.. slacker.

bridgewater is about 5 miles from JMU. way cooler though. You should come down some weekend.. we throw a party at our house here every weekend.

I keep telling a friend of mine Ill visit her at JMU, but I never make it down there. Maybe Ill have to make it once... :p

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
another one here from Arlington, been here a little over a month, must say it beats central New York :)

SUOrangeman

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Currently in Oakton, VA ... originally from Heathsville (I dare any Virginian to find that one!). My sisters finishing up at Radford, but GMU is by far the best school in the state.

-SUO