Question Anyone know why ROG Maximus z690 Hero AI Suite 3 is missing the FanXpert4 and EZ Update utilities?

yacoub

Golden Member
May 24, 2005
Seems strange to lack fan control and BIOS update utilities. Yes, I'll update the BIOS via a USB drive with the BIOS file on it, but the Fan Xpert 4 being absent seems awful strange. Is it just because it's a new generation board and they have to update that tool to work with the latest generation?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Is it just because it's a new generation board and they have to update that tool to work with the latest generation?

If I had to guess, that would be my answer as well.

I think that most mobo mfgs first priority is to ensure good quality-of-life issues for the boards first (VRM design, BIOS issues), and worry about software accessories second.

Edit: Is it possible that these user needs are covered by a newer updated version of Intel's own XTU overclocking utility, that works cross-mfg on these new boards?

Reactions: yacoub

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I always to that (fan control and BIOS updates) within the BIOS. My current motherboards is the Strix B550 Gaming-F.

Pretty much all the Windows utilities from all motherboard manufacturers suck, with some being much, much worse than others (looking at you Gigabyte ;) ).

Reactions: yacoub

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
They have been pushing their Armoury Crate software over AiSuite. Wouldn’t be surprised if they deprecate all of it by the time Zen 4 launches.

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
I have really come to like the ASUS AI Suite. It is super helpful for real-time windows-based overclocking. Has saved me a ton of time over UEFI/reboot process.