Anyone know where to get quality white dress shirts on the cheap?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Also what helps is taking better care of your clothes . If YOU wash your own clothes , turn them inside out when washing . Do not wash with towels , face clothes , jeans , or anything that has a rough texture . These simple steps will allow your shirts to last .

This for sure. My wife does the laundry and she is extremely mindful of what clothes get tossed in the washer/dryer. She buttons up stuff, turns things inside out, sorts them out really well, and makes sure to dry things they way they're supposed to be dried. I've got dress shirts I've purchased for cheap from 5 years + and they still look great.

• Love
Reactions: highland145
Feb 4, 2009
Unfortunately, unlike most of you guys I bet I have to wear suits to work some days, other days I have to wear a minimum of dress pants and shirts. And I only wear gray pants and white dress shirts to keep my dress choices to a very minimal so I can use my brainpower to be focusing on other matters that need attention.

I'm good on the pants.

But I need a good source for cheap, decent quality white dress shirts. I saw they have them at Wal-Mart for $15.98 the other day, and they are supposedly wrinkle free, so I bought like 8 of them. Now, probably not more than 1.5 months later, they all look like shit. Wrinkles that won't go away, looking far more soiled than they should, buttons coming off, threads coming out, etc. etc.

Anyone got a good source, or any tips or tricks, on this front? Thanks!

Not cheap but they are long lasting. The Nordstrom’s house brand which I forgot the name of are fabulous. They will last years.
Last time I purchased one it was around $50.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Cheap over the long term. Hence the warning I gave.
Personally I find a $50 shirt that lasts 5+ years cheaper than a $15 shirt that lasts 3-6 months

Those Kirkland Signature shirts are VERY well made
Maybe not Brooks Bros...but better than most dress shirts on the market. They're definitely not $10-20 quality, despite the price.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Whole. Lee. SHIAT. You are the MAN! I just ordered 6 of those $10 ones. With the quantity taxes, and after taxes, the total bill was like $52 delivered!!! Thank you so much!!!

No promises on the $10 ones. I have a closet full of their shirts bought in the store...most were closer to $20.

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
No promises on the $10 ones. I have a closet full of their shirts bought in the store...most were closer to $20.

Understood Boomer. Do you perchance know off hand what the difference is between the $10 and the $20 ones? The $10 were wrinkle resistent, so not sure what it might be. Thanks again!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Understood Boomer. Do you perchance know off hand what the difference is between the $10 and the $20 ones? The $10 were wrinkle resistent, so not sure what it might be. Thanks again!

Nope. Never seen the $10 ones in the stores. One thing about buying from Costco, if you don't like them, if they don't hold up, you can easily return them at ANY Costco.