Anyone know where to get quality white dress shirts on the cheap?

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
Unfortunately, unlike most of you guys I bet I have to wear suits to work some days, other days I have to wear a minimum of dress pants and shirts. And I only wear gray pants and white dress shirts to keep my dress choices to a very minimal so I can use my brainpower to be focusing on other matters that need attention.

I'm good on the pants.

But I need a good source for cheap, decent quality white dress shirts. I saw they have them at Wal-Mart for $15.98 the other day, and they are supposedly wrinkle free, so I bought like 8 of them. Now, probably not more than 1.5 months later, they all look like shit. Wrinkles that won't go away, looking far more soiled than they should, buttons coming off, threads coming out, etc. etc.

Anyone got a good source, or any tips or tricks, on this front? Thanks!

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Check the obits for rich looking dead guys. Hit up their houses during the funeral.

Buy an iron.

More seriously, my 100% cotton wrinkle free were $70+. Thankfully, I get to wear golf shirts.

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
"More seriously, my 100% cotton wrinkle free were $70+. "

That's insane for a damned shirt they have manufactured in the freaking Philippines with slave or child labor for like 23 cents!!!

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
go to slickdeals and watch for Kohl's coupons and mens' shirt deals (need to get the kohls charge card though to get the best savings....and free shipping if you don't feel like going to the actual store)....

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Can you really be this dense? They both involve "used" things. I like my clothes, just like I like my condoms, straight out of the package brand new. Thanks.
But you shop at wal mart....not sure some of their stuff qualifies as new.

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
go to slickdeals and watch for Kohl's coupons and mens' shirt deals (need to get the kohls charge card though to get the best savings....and free shipping if you don't feel like going to the actual store)....

Now that is a good tip! Duly noted, and there is actually a Kohls right near me. I stopped going there years ago when... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... they jacked up the price on their white dress shirts too much lol! Will keep an eye out on slickdeals! Thanks!

Reactions: spacejamz

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Can you really be this dense? They both involve "used" things. I like my clothes, just like I like my condoms, straight out of the package brand new. Thanks.

used shirts I can understand, but used condoms? what could possibly be the problem?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
YES!! Goodwill stores....Salvation Army...….Amy`s thrift...……..Rufuses White Shirt factor 00 locations vary but usually in the alley between 1st and 2nd street!!

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
So, no used cars, no leftovers, no previously owned homes? WTF is wrong with you?

You really ARE that dense. I named off two things, and two things only, that I don't do used You somehow extrapolated that to other things I provided absolutely, positively no indication that I do not do used. C'mon man, really? Are you like 8 or something?

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
You really ARE that dense. I named off two things, and two things only, that I don't do used You somehow extrapolated that to other things I provided absolutely, positively no indication that I do not do used. C'mon man, really? Are you like 8 or something?
I'm simply at a loss for what the TWO things you listed have to do with each other. Perhaps you don't understand the question?

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
I'm simply at a loss for what the TWO things you listed have to do with each other. Perhaps you don't understand the question?

LOL, for like the 3rd time, they are TWO things I don't use used! You got it yet moron? THAT IS THEIR ONLY CONNECTION. GOT IT?????

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I just go to Costco or JCP. If I'm in the area, I'll go to the premium outlets and shop at GHBass or Van Heusen. Got a few dress shirts for $9.99 over the weekend.

Reactions: squirrel dog

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i buy CT shirts and they've been pretty good at not wearing out/looking bad. the other nice thing is not having to get a yard of material taken out of them at the tailor.

Reactions: highland145

squirrel dog

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
so , if you buy cheap shirts , they are good for awhile . Shirts that cost more will outlast those . Also what helps is taking better care of your clothes . If YOU wash your own clothes , turn them inside out when washing . Do not wash with towels , face clothes , jeans , or anything that has a rough texture . These simple steps will allow your shirts to last .

Reactions: highland145