Anyone know where to buy "Ninja Shoes" (jika-tabi) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm being a ninja for halloween and I'm wondering if I can find some of them locally fairly cheap since it is for one night.

I know I can order them online somewhere, but I'm wondering if anyone knows places local that sell them.

I'm in the DC metro area if anyone knows specific places.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
anyone else? running out of time.

if necessary i may just go to payless and get some all black shoes.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Get some black fabric, and make them yourself. It shouldn't be that difficult, maybe a couple hours of time.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
yea buddy sorry. i know how to build joysticks and mod consoles, but making shoes out of fabric in a few hours isn't one of my skills.

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006
Just get a pair of cheap gel insoles, cut the top to form the toe if desired, and superglue some black cloth around it then re-wrap with more black cloth. Cheap and easy and should work fine.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm going to pretend that I never read that.

its pretty stupid actually.

i dont know where the author of that article lives, but where i live when its dark outside black blends in better than blue, since you know, the darkness is black...

Alone

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2006

i dont know where the author of that article lives, but where i live when its dark outside black blends in better than blue, since you know, the darkness is black...

If the military has taught me anything, black doesn't blend in with anything as it's not a naturally occurring colour. Dark blue would be best at night, and shades of green/brown during the day.

Black would look like a shadow, and the easiest thing to identify is the face and/or silhouette of a person.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004

You still don't wear a uniform when you're gonna kill someone, especially when there's no helicopters or anything to lift you out. When they escape, they'll be footing it, so they need to blend in with the population.

Status
Not open for further replies.