Anyone know of any split screen PC games (possibly 4 player + fps)

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
My friends and I have always played split screen games, even after xbl and other forms of gaming have come out over the years. (Halo, 007, call of duty, resistance (ps3), 2v2 nhl, a few others)

Recently we've been playing black ops, local multiplayer. All 4 of us are on the same screen, and we play against 8 computer players. Even when we used to play on a tiny TV (halo, 007 for n64) its always been a ton of fun.

While we were playing the other day, i realized i have black ops for PC, but never bothered to see if you can play split screen (in any form) would work. Sadly, it doesnt as far as i know.

It would be a huge upgrade in res, since right now were probably playing at 540p divided by 4 screens (270p? - 64 graphics?) If we could get this working on pc, it would be 1080p divided by 4 = 540p each = full 360 graphics for each small screen - which would be AWESOME compared to what were used to. (we play on my 150" projector screen, so everyone would have a 75" screen that looks slightly better than playing 360 on single player.)

Im guessing there arent many games out there since PC's are traditionally at a desk, and who would want 4 players crammed together playing that.

I know its possible with blur (we have tried split screen, but not 4 player yet) its its pretty awesome. Since many of these games are console ports - shouldnt it at least be in some games?

If you know any games on PC that you can play 4 player split screen with 360 controllers, please let me know about it.

Last edited:

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Serious Sam 3

just tried it. Not too bad, except not really the best looking game. Still a lot of fun, but i dont know if it really going to WOW anyone when comparing it to 360 4-way split screen. Looks pretty comparable to black ops when split 4 ways :/

Why couldnt they just put that game mode in? Its already in the game, all they need to do is just make a way to do it on PC. How hard can it be?

digitaldurandal

Golden Member
Dec 3, 2009
just tried it. Not too bad, except not really the best looking game. Still a lot of fun, but i dont know if it really going to WOW anyone when comparing it to 360 4-way split screen. Looks pretty comparable to black ops when split 4 ways :/

Why couldnt they just put that game mode in? Its already in the game, all they need to do is just make a way to do it on PC. How hard can it be?

Well in order to do it they would have to program in multiple inputs for multiple players. Not enough people would see it as a buying point to make it worth any investment. I mean in the modern age, I do not understand why you are still doing this. Even if you wanted to be in the same room, get everyone to bring their console and a monitor and boom multiplayer in the same room with your own screen.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Well in order to do it they would have to program in multiple inputs for multiple players. Not enough people would see it as a buying point to make it worth any investment. I mean in the modern age, I do not understand why you are still doing this. Even if you wanted to be in the same room, get everyone to bring their console and a monitor and boom multiplayer in the same room with your own screen.

I know there are much better ways of doing it, and we have tried your way once or twice, but its really too much of a hassle for me and especially my friends.

I actually have 3 360's in the house. one 1080p projector, one 1080p 56" tv, and two 1080p monitors, but to set them all up, and leave them that way is kind of a pain. I was just hoping since ive got a PC hooked up to a 1080p projector, that i would be able to do it. When i said they already did it, im saying how to do it is all there, they just need to take that little bit of time and port it to PC.

I know there are a few games, but it would be awesome to have it of any game that its already there on 360 or ps3.

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004

How is it not good looking? Do you have it running at max settings? Looks great to me.

I've personally tried split-screen SS3 and found it very enjoyable. I used kb/mouse + console controllers.