Anyone know of a safe, yet effective way of removing spray paint from a case bezel?

KennyH

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2000
I know that Acetone, etc would work but would etch the plastic and cause a huge mess. My problem is that I would like to keep the "grain" to the bezel if at all possible. Anyone have suggestions? TIA :)

? (=Þ)

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm using paint stripper that comes in a spray can from autozone to remove the clearcoat from a set of wheels I'm cleaning up. It's very very strong at stripping paint off, and burning my skin. So you might wanna look into that, $5 or so a can at autozone. It has an aircraft on it. just dont get it on yourself it burns your skin like immediately, and spray outside somewhere away from the wind.

fell8

Nov 12, 2001
I'm using paint stripper that comes in a spray can from autozone to remove the clearcoat from a set of wheels I'm cleaning up. It's very very strong at stripping paint off, and burning my skin. So you might wanna look into that, $5 or so a can at autozone. It has an aircraft on it. just dont get it on yourself it burns your skin like immediately, and spray outside somewhere away from the wind.
Something that potent would probably damage the plastic.

You might be SOL for stripping, everything I can think of would prolly damage the plastic. You may end up having to paint the bezel to cover it up. Good luck!

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
If it's a plastic bezel, they are pretty cheap - the one for my case from Enlight is about $8.00 - so try the case mfr. to see if a replacement is an option.
.bh.
:sun: !