Anyone know of a cheap place online to purchase picture frames?

Mears

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2000
I have a 32x24 art print that I'd like to frame. Custom frame shops locally want an arm and a leg to build a frame. I found a site online a while ago that allowed you to buy the pieces and then assemble them, but that option went away once the frame reached the size I require. Has anyone purchased a frame online? I really don't want to spend $100-$200 for for $5 worth of wood.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Mears
I have a 32x24 art print that I'd like to frame. Custom frame shops locally want an arm and a leg to build a frame. I found a site online a while ago that allowed you to buy the pieces and then assemble them, but that option went away once the frame reached the size I require. Has anyone purchased a frame online? I really don't want to spend $100-$200 for for $5 worth of wood.
...and $xx worth of labor, shipping, etc ;)

Cheap Frames

arcas

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2001
If you're moderately handy with handtools, I expect you can build a nice frame from molding from Lowe's or Home Depot. The most expensive part would probably be the glass pane.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: arcas
If you're moderately handy with handtools, I expect you can build a nice frame from molding from Lowe's or Home Depot. The most expensive part would probably be the glass pane.

That's PRECISELY what I do - except lexan instead of glass. glass is heavy. glass breaks. glass sucks.