Anyone know much about operator logos on the Nokia 8290??

Hoeboy

Banned
Apr 20, 2000
I tried sending operator logos to my 8290 and it shows up but when I save it, it doesn't replace the PAC BELL logo. Weird thing is that when I replace the SIMM card with my friend's SIMM card, who has a Nokia 6190, the logo shows up on my phone! I've also seen pictures on the net of the 8290 with various logos. I tried going to different PAC BELL stores but of course they dunno what I'm talking about. Anyone got any idea?

cgclausen

Aug 6, 2000
This is just a guess, but maybe pac bell locks their logo. If your friend also uses pac bell then you can throw out that theory.

Hawk

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2000
If your friend's SIMM has a different logo on your phone, just put yours in his 6190, do whatever he did to get it on his SIMM, and then take it out and put it back into your phone.

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Get a program called "LogoManager" and you can futz with the operator logo.

Windogg

Hoeboy

Banned
Apr 20, 2000
yes his provider is also PAC BELL. i'm sure the logo saves onto the phone memory because wen he puts his SIMM card into my phone, the logo that i selected for my phone shows up on my phone. the logo he selected for his phone shows up on his phone with my SIMM card in it.