Anyone know if there will be any upcoming Verizon wireless promo plans?

geckojohn

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
Hey everyone,

First of all, I live in the bay area. I'm looking to join verizon wireless and i'm thinking about signing up for their local promo for $39.99 which includes 1000 anytime minutes, + $10 extra for nights and weekends, + $5 for long distance for a total of $55.

Do you think there will be a better plan in the next month or so? I need about 1000 minutes/ month... i'm looking to spend under $60/month.

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
have you heard about the new cell-phone portability law thats going into effect november 24? im sure there will be great deals from every company around then, because there is going to be so much more competition now that people arent afraid to switch just because they dont want to switch their phone number. i would wait, unless you absolutely need one now. thats what im going to do :)

nitsuj3580

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2001
Originally posted by: caitlion
have you heard about the new cell-phone portability law thats going into effect november 24? im sure there will be great deals from every company around then, because there is going to be so much more competition now that people arent afraid to switch just because they dont want to switch their phone number. i would wait, unless you absolutely need one now. thats what im going to do :)

sweet, that's about when my tmobile contract expires (anxiously waiting to switch to Verizon)

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
There was that 25% off all verizon plans people were doing over at fw....but the risk of them cancelling and/or charging full price was too great.

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001

"The wireless industry estimates that number portability will cost more than $1 billion in the first year and $500 million each year thereafter. The industry says that expense will make it harder to provide better cell phone coverage and cheaper phones."

Found that in an article i was reading. So we'll just have to wait and see what will happen to rates.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003

I hope that's true. I want to switch to a different plan (I don't get free long distance or nationwide roaming right now). But I haven't switched b/c I don't want to lose my number. November 24 you say....thanks :)

geckojohn

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
Originally posted by: Staley8
Originally posted by: caitlion have you heard about the new cell-phone portability law thats going into effect november 24? im sure there will be great deals from every company around then, because there is going to be so much more competition now that people arent afraid to switch just because they dont want to switch their phone number. i would wait, unless you absolutely need one now. thats what im going to do :)
I hope that's true. I want to switch to a different plan (I don't get free long distance or nationwide roaming right now). But I haven't switched b/c I don't want to lose my number. November 24 you say....thanks :)

I guess i'll wait. But since Verizon offers such a superior service, they might keep their current rate prices since they know they're the best. I just hope the other cell phone companies have good specials so that i creates competition.

caitlion

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
"The wireless industry estimates that number portability will cost more than $1 billion in the first year and $500 million each year thereafter. The industry says that expense will make it harder to provide better cell phone coverage and cheaper phones."

Found that in an article i was reading. So we'll just have to wait and see what will happen to rates.

good point :-/ we'll just wait and see i guess heh

minus1972

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2000
Verizon's about to introduce their "push-to-talk" line of phones too. There should be some good deals involved with that too, I'd imagine.

geckojohn

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
Originally posted by: minus1972
Verizon's about to introduce their "push-to-talk" line of phones too. There should be some good deals involved with that too, I'd imagine.

Yeah, i hope so! I really wanna try that out. I'd pay an extra $10/month to have that feature to try.

geckojohn

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
I heard that the new plans come out either the 1st of the month or the 15th of the month. I guess we have to hope for October 15th now! :confused: