Anyone know anything about Jet Li - HERO coming to region 1 dvd?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
not for a while. i think its hitting thearters over here sometime. at leat thats what a friend told me. he saw it when he was in china

Joker81

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2000
I know a place in Seattle, WA that has the Region Free NTSC that you can rent.

But I heard that the Movie is coming out in December I think im not sure tho.

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
December?

Bah. Like the Cowboy Bebop movie.. I saw it over a year before the USA release, now I am going through the same thing with Hero.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Joker81

Couldnt you just forget to return it?

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
WHA?>!?! its more like crouching tiger, but a lot better. and also produced by a china producer instead of taiwan right?

Joker81

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2000
Originally posted by: TallBill
Originally posted by: Joker81

Couldnt you just forget to return it?

Or you could be like my friend and forget that you made a copy of it in his dvd burner.

Cat

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
It's pretty good, but I wouldn't say it's better than CTHD, you'll probably enjoy it more if you're a huge HK fan. Personally, I think it's a bit too unrefined and absurd at points.
It gives me the same feeling many of those movies have; like it was made by a teenager, rather than an adult. It's kinda hard to put my finger on it. Stephen Chow, on the other hand, is a master :)

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
besides the special effects the movie sucked..

plus the dvd should be the least of your worries

tjaisv

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2002
I remember a couple years ago I downloaded The One, which was hyped to be the Matrix sequel. I think I watched like 15 minutes of it before I had to turn it off out of painfully agonizing boredom.

Cat

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I wouldn't say it sucked. It was kinda cool to have some insight into another culture's mindset.

Cat

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
Stephen Chow PWNS.

^_^

Yes :)

Edit 1: LOL. Just remembered that scene in Fight Back to School 2, where he leans out from behind a tree and goes "uhhh uh uh uh uhhhhh." Hahahaha.
Edit 2: Dear lord, the painfully bad forward somersault in Forbidden City Cop.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
great movie.

just had to have it in my DVD collection :)

Went to a chinatown in chicago and grabbed one for $16. after that I found a place where they sell it for $12.. but oh well too late..
wateched it twice on DVD already and i Love it.

it is the version from china , they did not have the HK version.
but this one is region free (even plays fine on my stock ps2 with optical out :)) and has english subtitle (which is much better than dubbing imo).

Great movie.

The part that I love the most is when mass of archers attack the school and students all panic and run.
then the old old teacher opens the door and tells them how their arrows may break their buildings and country but they will not break their culture. and starts a lesson saying they will learn the essense of their culture.. :( still makes my eyes watery.