Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003

Searching for a Newfoundland dog breeder.. I've found a few on the net
but I'm searching for more. One that might have puppies available within
the next few months.

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003

I guess nobody knows any? I have found a few online but looking for others.

if anyone knows someone who breeds Newfoundlands then let me know.

Thanks.

aethandor13

Oct 15, 2002
i maybe able to help. my parents have 3 of them, they are great dogs. they are in a bunch of Newfie news groups and know 3 breeders. they got 2 of theres from a breeder in the Midwest. i can have the info for you tomorrow. if you want it.

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb
It would be no less than cruel to own one of them in Florida. :p

Yeah I know right. Big black dog and lots of heat. Not good.

In the process of moving to Illinois though. So he/she will like the weather in Illinois MUCH better.

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
Originally posted by: aethandor13
i maybe able to help. my parents have 3 of them, they are great dogs. they are in a bunch of Newfie news groups and know 3 breeders. they got 2 of theres from a breeder in the Midwest. i can have the info for you tomorrow. if you want it.

Defintely. Send me info to ctcsoft@cox.net or PM it to me. Either way I'm defintely interested. Do you know the names of the Newfie newsgroups?

Thanks.

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
Originally posted by: jmoe782
Originally posted by: aethandor13

Defintely. Send me info to ctcsoft@cox.net or PM it to me. Either way I'm defintely interested. Do you know the names of the Newfie newsgroups?

Thanks.

Vernor

Sep 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Maverick
they have heart conditions a lot though right? Awesome looking dogs though.

IIRC, their expected lifespans are quite short.

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Vernor
Originally posted by: Maverick
they have heart conditions a lot though right? Awesome looking dogs though.

IIRC, their expected lifespans are quite short.

Unfortunately yes. They are short compared to some other dogs but they can still live a quality life. We had one when I was a kid live to be 12yrs old. It was the best dog I ever.

So a few people said they knew breeders but I haven't heard back....

back up.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
My wife works with a guy here in the Cincinnati area that breeds Newfies. I can get his name and number if you are interested. IIRC the pups go for about $1K.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: MrsSkoorb
Other than the fact that I am from Newfoundland, nope, don't know any dealers! :D

That's quite a tan you got going on there.

jw791

Feb 27, 2003
Do your research - don't buy a dog from a newspaper ad. Learn about the care they need and buy from a reputable breeder.

They are gorgeous lovable big dogs, but unfortunately they have a relatively short life span (~10 yrs)

Here is a place to start http://www.newfdogclub.org