Anyone interested in a 2TB up to 11TB NVme SSD with pcie3.0 x 8 ? ADATA SR2000

May 11, 2008
I had heard of this brand for some time. And after reading some reviews about the SX8000, i bought the 512Gb version and i am very happy with it.
I never new ADATA is also in the server market as well.

https://www.servethehome.com/adata-shows-off-ssd-and-nvdimm-line-at-computex-2018/

ADATA-SR2000CP-NVMe-SSD.jpg

nosirrahx

Mar 24, 2018
Anyone interested in a 2TB up to 11TB NVme SSD with pcie3.0 x 8 ?

Nope.

I want to see an Intel PCIe SSD that integrates Optane and NAND on the same PCB giving me crazy fast 4KQ1T1/IOPS, crazy fast sequential speed and at least 4TB of capacity.

Optane as a cache and as a standalone SSD is pretty cool but you are stuck with either a 2 drive setup or super limited capacity, we need an all in one solution that provides both speed (in all metrics) and big capacity.

Picture the 4KQ1T1/IOPS of a 905P, the sequential speed of the 970 Pro and the capacity of the 4TB 860 EVO. This is what I want.

Last edited:
May 11, 2008
Nope.

I want to see an Intel PCIe SSD that integrates Optane and NAND on the same PCB giving me crazy fast 4KQ1T1/IOPS, crazy fast sequential speed and at least 4TB of capacity.

Optane as a cache and as a standalone SSD is pretty cool but you are stuck with either a 2 drive setup or super limited capacity, we need an all in one solution that provides both speed (in all metrics) and big capacity.

Picture the 4KQ1T1/IOPS of a 905P, the sequential speed of the 970 Pro and the capacity of the 4TB 860 EVO. This is what I want.

Well, luckily Micron makes 3dxpoint memory as well. I hope they are allowed to sell to other ssd manufacturers as well. I do not know what kind of contract Intel and Micron have.
So hopefully we will also see other ssd manufacturers come up with 3dxpoint as cache for a flash based ssd. That would also bring the price down in general for such drives because of the competition.
But for now, the server industry is served first and as peasant customers will have to wait i guess...

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I would love a 4TB PCI-E Nvme SSD that does not cost as much as my entire PC alone.
But i guess thats wishful thinking.

This is what I want.

what is the point in wanting something you could never afford?

something like that at high capacity 4TB+ would cost more then my tesla.

Last edited:

nosirrahx

Mar 24, 2018
what is the point in wanting something you could never afford?

something like that at high capacity 4TB+ would cost more then my tesla.

Things have to exist before they become affordable. I have the funds to jump in early in on tech like this if I think its worth testing out.

I have 4 900P SSDs, 2 800P and a 905P. I wanted to see for myself what Optane could do.

Congrats on the Tesla BTW. I was one of the early adopters of the hybrid NSX, got build #37. A few years ago I committed to only buying hybrids or EVs going forward.

apk53CI.jpg