Anyone in sales or a small business owner?

swimscubasteve

Jun 10, 2005
I'm looking for a good contact manager/sales lead program, any suggestions?

Also, a suggestion for an uncomplicated, simple and intuitive accounting program would be great as well.

Syrch

Diamond Member
May 21, 2004
accounting = quickbooks

what do you mean by contact manager/sales lead program..what exactly are you looking to do with it? For contacts you can use outlook...but what do you mean by sales lead program?

swimscubasteve

Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Syrch
accounting = quickbooks

what do you mean by contact manager/sales lead program..what exactly are you looking to do with it? For contacts you can use outlook...but what do you mean by sales lead program?

Manage sales leads/potential accounts/current accounts/etc...

Jun 19, 2004
If anyone tries to sell you something called "Tigerpaw" stay away. Crap system.

Act and quickbooks are the best recommendations you got so far

swimscubasteve

Jun 10, 2005
I knew of act and quickbooks, are those for sure the best out there (not saying they aren't I just wanted to know if there were any other good ones out there)?

swimscubasteve

Jun 10, 2005
is peachtree worthless?

I would really like a program that can do customer management and accounting all in one. It looks like ACT has something like that, anyone have experience with it?

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: swimscubasteve
is peachtree worthless?

I know a lot of small businesses that use PeachTree, instead of QuickBooks. I've heard good things about PeachTree, though I haven't used it in a few years, myself.

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
For accounting, ask your accountant what will import easily into whatever they use. Simplifies life a lot at tax time. Also, ask them what they would like in the setup.

Quickbooks is pretty common, so the accountants will probably be familiar with it.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
I am constantly going out to client's offices to install quickbooks for an accounting firm I work for. I'd say more than 75% use it. A few use ACT, and others use the new Microsoft small business accounting.

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
Why not try Microsoft Small Business Accounting 2006, and download the update from Microsoft to get their Business Contact Manager for free? I know the anti-Microsoft camps might not like it, but the cost overall will be SIGNIFICANTLY less than anything else you would get in a full version.

swimscubasteve

Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: TheToOTaLL
Why not try Microsoft Small Business Accounting 2006, and download the update from Microsoft to get their Business Contact Manager for free? I know the anti-Microsoft camps might not like it, but the cost overall will be SIGNIFICANTLY less than anything else you would get in a full version.

I like this idea I just don't want to invest too much time into a program and then have to switch to another.

Can anyone recommend the MS Small Business Accounting?