Anyone here work for UPS, Fedex, or USPS ?

pcslookout

Lifer
Mar 18, 2007
When does shipping start to get crazy? Basically meaning there a overload of packages where some get delayed.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I don't work for any of them, but I'd assume around Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Then maybe around 2 wks before xmas. That'd be my guess.

Reactions: pcslookout

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Last couple years I haven't seen any delays. They've gotten really good at contracting during the holidays to prevent any delays during the transit period. More likely you'll have delays from the source side if they don't have a robust shipping group.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I used to work at UPS and it started to get crazy the days after Thanksgiving all the way to Christmas/New Year. That's why I was hired as extra help/temp relief worker at UPS. Boxes and boxes and boxes. So many boxes, so little time. It was so bad that upper management had to send managers and supervisors out to the field as drivers to help with the extra load.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My guess is it probably starts to get busy around now, but December is probably peak.

IMO anything you order in the month of December I would not expect to get it by Christmas - you probably will, but just don't count on it 100%.

It's not so much the shipping, but border customs, as they get super overloaded too.

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
When does shipping start to get crazy? Basically meaning there a overload of packages where some get delayed.
Ever since I had to call the police on a UPS driver, they are not allowed on my property, I just other services and no longer have any delayed deliveries.

Not So Mild

Jun 9, 2017
I used to work for UPS, stopped 2 years ago. The day after Thanksgiving is when it picks up, and it does so IMMEDIATELY. It's really crazy to see the package count from Wednesday to Friday, it feels like it doubles. It pretty much stays that way until Christmas Eve, and that's the slowest day of the year. Christmas Eve, as a preloader, you can usually do 3-4 different pulls by yourself if you're good. After that it normalizes until black Friday again.