anyone here take Zetia?

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
I have been taking Zetia for about a year now. Only side effects I experienced is that I couldn't eat some foods. Milk was definitely out of the question, as it gave the sh!ts like crazy. But other than that, it was great. Even lowered my cholesterol 200 points.

edprush

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo
I have been taking Zetia for about a year now. Only side effects I experienced is that I couldn't eat some foods. Milk was definitely out of the question, as it gave the sh!ts like crazy. But other than that, it was great. Even lowered my cholesterol 200 points.

What dosage of Zetia do you take?

How high was your cholesterol before you started taking Zetia. 200 points is quite a drop!

Fullmetal Chocobo

May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: edprush

What dosage of Zetia do you take?

How high was your cholesterol before you started taking Zetia. 200 points is quite a drop!

I'm taking Zetia, 10mg, once a day. And my cholesterol was previously 435. Now it's around 225. It's heriditary...

Fullmetal Chocobo

May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: edprush
Mine is hereditary too.

I sue would hate to give up milk though.

You might get away with low-fat or skim. The high fat content of regular milk doesn't go well with the fact that Zetia works by not absorbing cholesterol.

edprush

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2000

You might get away with low-fat or skim. The high fat content of regular milk doesn't go well with the fact that Zetia works by not absorbing cholesterol.

Have you lost or gained weight while on zetia?