Anyone here own DXracer chair?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
Necro and language suggest a shill account.

I have a hard time believing that "gaming chair" is a legitimate category of product. Get a good office chair that's designed for people to sit in for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for years.

Or get something cheaply made and sold at a markup just so you can say it's a "gaming" whatever.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Necro but useful thread - I've been using a wooden dining chair for a long time that I'm sure is a bad idea. I tried to buy a 'gaming chair' and couldn't sit in it it was so uncomfortable.

For whatever reason I find most 'office chairs' pretty uncomfortable also - need one where you lean forward enough to use the computer. Hard to find Herman Miller to try.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
A good office chair can be adjusted to how you want. Sitting up straight or even a little forward is a "comes standard" feature unless you're looking at absolute crap.

And while there are awful office chairs, there are also very nice ones. I have a hard time believing there are any good "gaming" chairs that aren't just uglier versions of good office chairs.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I have been looking for a new chair for use at my gaming desk. I am have grown sick of cheap office chairs not lasting. I REALLY like the style of DXRacer chairs, and they seem to be the best rated of the various brands that make that style chair.

Does anybody here own this style chair? DXRacer or other brands? I am not interested in feedback from people that have never owned this style of chair. I know that there are very nice chairs that cost significantly more, and they may be worth it. But I cannot justify 700-900 for a chair.

Andy T

Jul 24, 2008
I spent about 8 months trying to find a replacement for my old chair. I too thought that "gaming" style chair would be for me after trying one at a local MS store. Unfortunately, that specific model was not available at Amazon. Some of the chairs I tried:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KLSIWEQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1
Returned because the chair was too narrow in the shoulders despite high build quality.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AW9XDVG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Returned because it felt too cheaply made and the seat wasn't centered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012PQJKFC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Returned because the seat was too narrow for my thighs.

In the end, I ended up getting this chair from Staples:
http://www.staples.com/Tempur-Pedic...-Fixed-Arms-Black-TP1001-BLK-/product_1646161

Keep in mind that I am of average build, wear size 43R suit jacket.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
I have been looking for a new chair for use at my gaming desk. I am have grown sick of cheap office chairs not lasting. I REALLY like the style of DXRacer chairs, and they seem to be the best rated of the various brands that make that style chair.

Does anybody here own this style chair? DXRacer or other brands? I am not interested in feedback from people that have never owned this style of chair. I know that there are very nice chairs that cost significantly more, and they may be worth it. But I cannot justify 700-900 for a chair.

You realize you just said you are sick of cheap office chairs, but dismissed the best office chair you can get? You are literally switching cheap to cheap with what you are suggesting. You can get used Hermon miller chairs on craigslist or whatever for around $400-500. They will prob last you till you are dead, so its a pretty good investment..

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Gaming chairs are nonsense garbage. You can have a gaming keyboard or mouse because they will have features and improvements that will suit gaming. What exactly are you going to put into a gaming chair that you sit in front of a computer with to tailor it to gaming ?!?

cup holder, lotion and tissue dispensers?

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
Necro and language suggest a shill account.

I have a hard time believing that "gaming chair" is a legitimate category of product. Get a good office chair that's designed for people to sit in for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for years.

Or get something cheaply made and sold at a markup just so you can say it's a "gaming" whatever.
Finally got around to getting a wheel and picked up a good office chair and couldn't be happier, it has 3-way adjustment (height, tilt, backrest tilt) and fits perfectly with the wheel and pedal positioning and I left off the arm rests.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
You realize you just said you are sick of cheap office chairs, but dismissed the best office chair you can get? You are literally switching cheap to cheap with what you are suggesting. You can get used Hermon miller chairs on craigslist or whatever for around $400-500. They will prob last you till you are dead, so its a pretty good investment..

I live up in the mountains. Closest thing on craigs list was 4 hours away.

I did end up going with a DX Racer King Series, which due to my hight, is awesome. Its one of the hard things to deal with on most office chairs. The King series is intended for people that are 6ft 1in to 6ft 7in tall. And thus far, the quality is great, its very comfortable, and really no complaints with it. I will note that I did not pay MSRP for it, hunted around for 15% off code. Also got free shipping on it, and it was here in 2 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: maevinj