Anyone here own DXracer chair?

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
If so, what are your thoughts on it? I'm looking for any suggestion. Thanks

My back is killing me with a wooden chair.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I dont own one, but my friend does and honestly, i dont find it that comfortable, it would be better than your wood chair for sure, but it isn't super comfy or anything. I would recommend trying one before buying if you can.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
They are NOT very good chairs. Don't think just because you see people on twitch with them they are good, they get the chairs because they get a deep discount to use them. Plus referral links for them.

The panels wear off very easy and has pinch points on them.

Really they only good way to get a chair is to try them out, like at Office Max, or some other chair store. I bought the cheapest chair i could online, then not until i sat on a nice "executive" chair did i find my perfect one. Don't get leather if you sit a lot, you will get hot, they are good though for short gaming sessions. Mesh seated ones are nice. really depends on taste and sitting posture.

Sheninat0r

Jun 8, 2007
look for a proper task chair. dxracer is for edgy teenagers and people who don't understand the difference between sitting in a racecar and sitting at a desk. racecar chairs are designed to absorb impacts and g-forces from accelerating and turning at high speed, while a task chair is designed to provide back support and promote good posture and body positioning while using a desk.

it doesn't help that dxracer is terrible quality, as some other posters have mentioned. herman miller is one of the most well-known chair manufacturers, and their classic aeron chair from the mid-90s is still famous and very common in large offices. it's been ripped off countless times, so you won't need to spend $1000 for a comparable chair. just go to an office store and sit in chairs until you find one you're happy with.

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
Honestly, getting cheap 100-200 dollar chairs for years and having them break all the time made me try out purchasing a very expensive Herman Miller Aeron chair. 7 years later and the chair is still going strong and still super comfortable. Definitely worth the money.

The only thing that is a negative with the chair is that the early versions of the lumbar support are very fragile.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Honestly, getting cheap 100-200 dollar chairs for years and having them break all the time made me try out purchasing a very expensive Herman Miller Aeron chair. 7 years later and the chair is still going strong and still super comfortable. Definitely worth the money.

The only thing that is a negative with the chair is that the early versions of the lumbar support are very fragile.

Thats how i felt about the desk i use, i got tired of going through cheap desks. I finally got me a Anthro Console desk for $900..its lasted over 8 years now.

Wall Street

Mar 28, 2012
I have a DXRacer chair. It is well built relative to cheaper chairs. I would even say that the build quality is higher than the Steelcase Leap I use at work. However, the seat bottom has side wings which are designed to keep a driver in the seat when rounding a curve in a race car and those are useless and uncomfortable for computer use. This results in the chair being too narrow if you are a big guy or want to spread your legs at all.

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
I think we all have at one point or another.
What would you like to know?

If you have any suggestion on what a good chair to get? I don't think I ever had a good chair other than those basic black leather computer chair that really aren't comfortable and can't be push back into a comfortable sleeping position.

My price range is $200 to $300 and many people have told me not to cheap out on a chair.

ctark

Sep 6, 2004
Its JUNK

I bought their King Series cause I'm a big guy, and I bought it for the reason that I have a hard time finding a chair that is comfortable. The king series is marketed as their biggest and most luxurious chair, and it completely sucked. Not only that but one of the wheels broke within the first few days of owning it, and the reason it broke is because the casters they use are cheap and they suck.

It took me weeks to get the chair sent back. They refused to respond in a timely manner and they overly just didn't seem like they cared. Finally I had to get my attorney involved, and then DXracers attorney got in touch with me and she actually handled the issue and sent me a label to return the chair. Dont get suckered by the youtube video's reviewing the chair, those people got the chair for free. Do yourself a favor and go buy a quality chair in a place where you can actually sit in them. I'm much happier with my new chair, and it was quite a bit more expensive than my $500 dxracer chair.

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
Its JUNK

I bought their King Series cause I'm a big guy, and I bought it for the reason that I have a hard time finding a chair that is comfortable. The king series is marketed as their biggest and most luxurious chair, and it completely sucked. Not only that but one of the wheels broke within the first few days of owning it, and the reason it broke is because the casters they use are cheap and they suck.

It took me weeks to get the chair sent back. They refused to respond in a timely manner and they overly just didn't seem like they cared. Finally I had to get my attorney involved, and then DXracers attorney got in touch with me and she actually handled the issue and sent me a label to return the chair. Dont get suckered by the youtube video's reviewing the chair, those people got the chair for free. Do yourself a favor and go buy a quality chair in a place where you can actually sit in them. I'm much happier with my new chair, and it was quite a bit more expensive than my $500 dxracer chair.

Wow, thank you, that is what I was looking for when I was making this thread. Even if I try all the chair, how do I know it the right one for me because sitting in a chair temporary doesn't actually tell you if it the right one for you? Also most chair I see at office store are leather and leather are just too hot for me.

As for "racing" chair, is there any you would recommend? I ask this because I do plan on buying a racing setup to play racing game so a racing chair is in my mindset (if it make any difference). Thanks

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
If you are going to be making a racing simulator setup, you will have a better experience with just getting a really good office chair for multipurpose use. Then go to a junk yard and get a bucket seat from a street racer's inevitable crashed car.

Although, if you are good with tools and fabricating, you can probably again go to a junk yard and see if you can get a high end car seat. Car seats are made for long sitting sessions and if you can get the motor working or the heater on the seat, that would make it a great office seat.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Dont get suckered by the youtube video's reviewing the chair, those people got the chair for free.

One person that I follow tweeted that they got a DXRacer chair, and I responded with a comment along the lines of "You know you're an official streamer with a @DXRacer !" They retweeted it -- good to know they can't pick up on sarcasm! :biggrin:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I wish I could get make a product that I could sucker gamers with. As I get older I think more and more that gamers are very easy to sell crap to.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Gaming chairs are nonsense garbage. You can have a gaming keyboard or mouse because they will have features and improvements that will suit gaming. What exactly are you going to put into a gaming chair that you sit in front of a computer with to tailor it to gaming ?!?

A good quality office chair is going to be better. A nice Herman Miller will be a lot better than a blingy low quality dxracer.

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Im gonna make a gamer sippy cup for the mountain dew. it will have a retractable straw in the shape of lightning bolts so for heavy gaming sessions you just lean down a bit and suck in more sugar/caffeine. I'll give them away to all the gaming gods to stream about.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Also most chair I see at office store are leather and leather are just too hot for me.

That is why you get something like the Herman Miller Aeron like has been mentioned multiple times already. It isn't a leather seat or backing, but a breathable mesh that just cradles your body. I have had mine for 12-13 years now and still love it. Aside from some dust, it is just like the day I bought it. Also, do yourself a favor and buy the fully adjustable model with at a minimum lumbar support or even spring for the back support. Your body will appreciate it, especially since you will most likely still be using it 15 years from now.

Last edited:

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
lol I used a kitchen chair with a couch side pillow on my back when I had a wheel, my father sat on his couch and used his wheel- couldn't be anymore comfortable than that. lol

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I'm also in the market for a new chair, the one I had lasted 10 years but has finally lost its padding support. I've had a real hard time finding a good replacement, went through 3 returns at officemax and staples. The problem I have is that I can't seem to find a chair that actually goes high enough to match a normal height desk for keyboard use.

My desk is 30" high and I want the arm rests to match this height but most chairs only go to 28" and this is uncomfortable. A few chairs have adjustable arm rests but the seat height is typically still too low. I don't know how I lucked out on my current chair being the correct height but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a replacement.

Most desks are 30" and are designed to use a keyboard shelf below the desk but I hate those. What I really want is an office desk with a 28" surface height, I have one at work but I have not been able to find where to buy one like it anywhere. I almost debated getting a variable height desk like the geekdesk but they are expensive.

I am currently ordering this chair. It has very good reviews, some of which are from self described hardcore gamers, so hopefully it will work out well.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
That is why you get something like the Herman Miller Aeron like has been mentioned multiple times already. It isn't a leather seat or backing, but a breathable mesh that just cradles your body. I have had mine for 12-13 years now and still love it. Aside from some dust, it is just like the day I bought it. Also, do yourself a favor and buy the fully adjustable model with at a minimum lumbar support or even spring for the back support. Your body will appreciate it, especially since you will most likely still be using it 15 years from now.

Seriously that good? Damn. I might spring for one next time Sam's has it at $450. Not even sure if that's a good price heh.

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
Seriously that good? Damn. I might spring for one next time Sam's has it at $450. Not even sure if that's a good price heh.

That price is definitely good for a genuine Herman Miller Aeron. The MSRP is around 1k and it goes up with options.

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
Yup, if it pops up again at that price, I would jump on it.

In the mean time see if you can sit in one and figure out what size chair you need. The one you linked was only selling the medium size Aeron.