Anyone here like cheesecake factory's cheesecakes??

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: dethman
they're pretty good. i don't know if they're quite worth the price though.

yea they are kinda pricey..

$7 for a slice... ouch...

mmm I am craving one.. I think I am going to pick 1 up!

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
My roomate says she wants to treat me to dinner there,is the place really good? What should I order?

Yes I like that place
the food doesnt blow me away, but its VERY good food..
same room for the cheesecakes!! they have like 1000000 flavors, I personally like: dulce de leche, oreo, strawberry

The burger sliders for appetizers also rock!

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
My roomate says she wants to treat me to dinner there,is the place really good? What should I order?

Their menu is like 30 pages long, it's ridiculous. If that doesn't clue you in, I'll go ahead and tell you, everything there is frozen and more or less premade, even their cheesecakes. They ship them from regional distributors who follow Cheesecake Factory recipes and freeze them.

Personally I think their food is ok, most of it is pretty bland and gutless though. All their desserts except their cheesecake suck though.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Nebor

Their menu is like 30 pages long, it's ridiculous. If that doesn't clue you in, I'll go ahead and tell you, everything there is frozen and more or less premade, even their cheesecakes. They ship them from regional distributors who follow Cheesecake Factory recipes and freeze them.

Personally I think their food is ok, most of it is pretty bland and gutless though. All their desserts except their cheesecake suck though.

I'm not gonna turn down a free meal:D Susan's turned me onto a few good places like Panera,comfort food is good sometimes!

I wonder if I can order a cheesecake poo poo platter:p

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002

Get the bruschetta appetizer + one of the fifty thousand main courses - it's not the best food you'll ever have but it's quite a bit so keep that in mind because you must order cheesecake too!

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Legendary

Get the bruschetta appetizer + one of the fifty thousand main courses - it's not the best food you'll ever have but it's quite a bit so keep that in mind because you must order cheesecake too!

bruschetta is yummy!

I seldom finish a meal when I go out so I try to order things that carry home nicely,doggie bags make a great lunch the next day:p

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
best cheesecakes i've had, without a doubt.

oreo. the godiva chocolate one. the snickers one.
<drool>

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
frozen or not the food is ok, or better than ok as I generally rate Chillis and others as Ok....

I would put it in the same league as the outback, Legal Seafood and any other major chain upscale place...

cheescake there is great, but as others have said not the absolute best, but then again finding the best is rather difficult so the CCF is a good alternative IMHO

MeanMeosh

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2001
you know... its odd you mention it.. but i just came back from eating at the cheescake factory.

had the asian stir fry vegetables and a tiramisu cheescake. (eating the remnants of the cheescake right now, sooooooo good)

edit: its odd cause this is the first time i've been there or thought of going there (friend's bday) and as soon as i do, there's a thread on atot about it on the front page

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
What is the average price of an entree and how large are the slices of cheesecake?

1/4 the pie? $7 a slice should get you at at least a quarter of the pie.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: MeanMeosh
you know... its odd you mention it.. but i just came back from eating at the cheescake factory.

had the asian stir fry vegetables and a tiramisu cheescake. (eating the remnants of the cheescake right now, sooooooo good)

edit: its odd cause this is the first time i've been there or thought of going there (friend's bday) and as soon as i do, there's a thread on atot about it on the front page

You had a tiramasu cheesecake? They have tiramasu on the menu, it's terrible (all whipped cream). I didn't realize they made a cheesecake version of it.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
sams club sells the same cheesecake, even labeled as cheesecake factory, for like 7$ for the whole thing.

MIKE