Anyone here have premature graying problems?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I got my first gray hairs at 18...developed a skunk stripe, right down the middle, (mexicans I worked with called me El Zorillo) stayed that way for years, but kept getting more and more gray everywhere else. Now, I'm about 95% gray, and the stripe, while still there, isn't as noticeable. Don't sweat the gray...at least it's hair...

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I expected to go grey a lot earlier. My mom went grey in her 30's. Now in my mid 40's I am starting to show some grey but since I am blond(sorta dirty blond) it just makes my hair look blonder, heh.

I'm lucky, baldness isn't on either side of my family so I should probably never go bald. It's funny... I've never been hung up on my hair and would almost like going bald as it would be a great excuse to just shave my head but I am stuck dealing with this mop. :p

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
No suggestions other than to talk to your hairdresser/barber/whatever.

I have a question, though:

Which is more traumatic for men, starting to go bald or hair starting to turn grey?

baldness by a mile. sure some can still look kewl bald, but not everyone can do that. white can easily be dyed.

Allanv

May 29, 2001
i am going grey and bald :( @ 38 so i shave my head, none of this lets hide it with colouring no no no grow old gracefully :)

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
salt and pepper headed myself and i have always said i will just let it go naturally until a female friend suggested i use henna. i havent done it yet but am considering it. it will just turn the greys into reddish hairs.

BKLounger

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
my head only has a couple grey hairs, but my goatee started going grey when i was 19. For about a year i used to brush this dye into it so you wouldn't know, but then i finally came to terms with it and just stopped dying it. Honestly it sucks at first but eventually you just accept it as life.

eleison

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Originally posted by: dud
At my adevanced age I can still say that I have a lot to learn. I was hoping for someone of some mnimal intelligence to say that they had tried "product x" and it worked great.

I still have a lot to learn ... but not much time to learn it.

Actually, in my advance age, I too have noticed a few gray hairs.... Being a bit older and having a bit more money than in my poor college days, I usually remedy the situation by hiring a college girl to puck them out for me.. usually she's topless; so the gray hairs go away and I just don't feel as bad anymore... :) j/k

dfuze

Lifer
Feb 15, 2006
I don't turn 30 until next week, but have had grey hairs since my early twenties. No biggie though. I am just happy to have all of my hair. :D

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm 25 and I have noticeable gray hairs coming in on the sides and some on the top, and everytime I go get my hair cut I notice more and more. My brother is 28 and his hair is pretty "salty" and reminds me of tayler hicks, but isn't QUITE that gray yet.

I don't care. when my hair is cut short, you can't notice it. and when it's longer, and it's noticeable, I just don't care. chicks like it.

mrizvi66

Dec 16, 2005
27...and 1/4 gray...like my dad by mid 30's i'll be all gray....i like it tho and i'm never going to dye my hair...

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Amdiggidy
look at it this way: at least you have hair to go gray. :thumbsup:

Yup! I don't worry about going grey, but I don't have to worry about spending much on shampoo either!