Anyone here go to Partiez(Raves)???

CoolTechie

Jul 20, 2000
?????

Always wondered if there were any other party kidz out there on anandtech.. im goin to a huge one tomorrow in fitchburgh, ma... with micro, keoki, cirrus, dieselboy, dara, ak1200... etc .. so if there r anymore of you out there.. give me a shout...:p

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
I would love to go but I am in Florida. I can't wait for Zenfest this year. All those Djs you mentioned are good except keoki. I wish he would just go away.

The Dancing Peacock

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
there's few, cuz I remember this thread coming up before. I don't neccessarily consider myself a raver, but I've been to one. I went to Nocturnal Wonderland here in Cali. It was unfuckingbelievable. I had so much fun. My friends, who have all been raving for a while now, gone to like 30 or so raves, said it was the best one they'd been to.

Granted, we were rolling, but it was still one of the best times I've ever had.

late.

TDP

integlspwr

Banned
Nov 28, 1999
i go to the raves. Theres one happening in hawaii on the 27th of this month. Its gonna be off the hook.

Cable

Oct 11, 1999
I too am from Hawaii and attend raves. Alice DJ is coming down on the 27th. It is gonna be off the hook f'reals.

I know that Alice DJ may be played out... but I told myself, If Alice DJ was ever to come back to Hawaii that I would go to that rave no matter what. So if I work the next day, I'm still gonna go!

I'm addicted to raving!

Sephiroth_IX

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999
Denni is dope, cooltech :p

Im more of a hometown party guy than a raver... Never gone, dont plan to, although i probably would if it came down to it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
dennil, go home earlier and let somebody else end up being the only one over forty there.

Pod

Feb 29, 2000
Clubbing here in miami. Raves don't exist. The ones that do are for little kids to OD on drugs and pass out on the floor.

I stay out to all hours of the morning, and it is quite fun.

I'm hoping to get comped to go to Zenfest (I don't pay for anything if I can help it) since the lineup this year looks kinda lame and I really can't justify paying 30 bucks for a festival that includes Snoop Doggy Dogg and Blues Traveler. That alone scares me...the thugs'll come out to see Snoop and all the stoner frat-boy types to see that fatass and Blues Traveler..honestly if I don't get comped, I'm going to be a block away at Club Space for the afterparty, which I will be comped for.

CoolTechie

Jul 20, 2000
wooo i just got bak from one... simply amazing.. micro was off the hook.. if u want to find raves in your area email me and ill send u the links...

utopia

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2000
clubbin' sux compared to raves. We got a few "rave-lan" parties here ;)

Pod

Feb 29, 2000
Depends on where you are. Out west the raves are the places to go...they are promoted and produced with care, and people know how to enjoy themselves... Here in miami, the cops loathe raves, so you have to retreat to the clubs (if you can't prove you're 21+, you're SOL) but once inside the clubs, the cops don't give a shìt....here anytime someone throws a rave, it's full of passed out kids and piles of people on the floor who can't handle their drugs. I'd much rather hang out in a semi-sophisticated environment where if you pass out, you get tossed out. Plus, most of the places worth going to here have top notch (Phazon Inc-configured or EAW Avalon) sound systems and state of the art (LWR, Coherent lasers) lighting arrays.

Though I imagine this response is going to be followed up with the usual 'clubs are meat markets' response. I won't lie to you, living in miami, we've got shìtloads of beautiful women, and from what girls tell me the guys around here aren't that bad. So yeah, you go to a south beach nightclub and there's people out for a score, but you get a good percentage of people out for a good time...it all balances out. I'll gladly admit to going out though, and unwittingly finding myself with some company for the evening...:). The next thing I imagine you'll bitch about too is the dress codes..yeah they exist, but it's not as if you gotta wear versace to get in. It helps of course, but if you manage to look halfway decent, it's not a problem...and yes you can look halfway decent and still be very comfortable.

So watch it before you generalize us clubbin' folk :)

CoolTechie

Jul 20, 2000
yeah clubbing and raves are 2 very different worlds... I've experienced both... and I'havent been back to a club since my first rave... its all about what you want to get out of it.. the love and friendships i've developed at raves far surpasses any acquitences I've had from clubs.. every once in a while I have a decent club experience.. but for the most part they are cheez, t me at least