Anyone here ever take Lunesta?

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
18,536
5
0
The Dr. gave me some Lunesta samples to try out, so I took one last night and holy hell it taste like I was chewing on tin foil and won't go away!

I've brushed twice, used Listerine, eaten a number of different things, drank tons of water, had two cups of coffee but nothing makes the taste weaken or go away.

Is this normal? I read there might be a metallic aftertaste but this is ridiculous!


Has anyone that's experienced this also found a way to make this awful taste go away?


:(
 

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
18,536
5
0
Originally posted by: yamadakun
Drink boiling water, you won't taste anything.

I tried that but instead of boiling water I used boiling bleach.

Now I can't see but still have the taste in my mouth.

What now?

:confused:
 

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
58,714
13,101
136
Honestly, being as it's a side effect, I doubt anything will make it go away until it's good and ready. Sorry :(
 

Epic Fail

Diamond Member
May 10, 2005
6,252
2
0
Originally posted by: lokiju
Originally posted by: yamadakun
Drink boiling water, you won't taste anything.

I tried that but instead of boiling water I used boiling bleach.

Now I can't see but still have the taste in my mouth.

What now?

:confused:

Drink boiling water now. :confused:
 

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
21,014
137
106
Maybe the free samples are Aluminum flavor, and you have to pay to get Cherry, Banana or Chocolate.
 

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
17,305
1,001
126
My doc gave me some samples of Lunesta (3mg). Before I took any I read up on the side effects, I saw quite a few people mention the metallic taste. Luckily for me I never had that side effect.
 

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
9,152
928
126
You aren't supposed to chew them. Doofus.

I never noticed a taste when swallowing Lunesta. Must be a NEW "feature."
 

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
7,950
4
0
I had that side effect also - it takes almost a full day to completely go away.
 

xeemzor

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2005
2,599
1
71
Originally posted by: SlowSpyder
My doc gave me some samples of Lunesta (3mg). Before I took any I read up on the side effects, I saw quite a few people mention the metallic taste. Luckily for me I never had that side effect.

Same here. I have taken Lunesta for quite a bit and I have noticed that side effect either.
 

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
18,536
5
0
Originally posted by: kranky
Maybe the free samples are Aluminum flavor, and you have to pay to get Cherry, Banana or Chocolate.

:laugh:

FWIW Ambien never gave me any issues like this, but I felt like a zombie after taking it all day.

But the hallucination's on Amiben rocked! :p

I had some of the craziest dreams on that stuff.
 

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
58,714
13,101
136
Originally posted by: FeuerFrei
You aren't supposed to chew them. Doofus.

I never noticed a taste when swallowing Lunesta. Must be a NEW "feature."

I don't believe it's a taste upon swallowing, but rather a persistent taste in his mouth the next day.
 

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
24,227
3
76
It's a common side effect. You can try out some other sleep medication
 

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
63,551
11,854
136
Less serious side effects may include:

day-time drowsiness, dizziness, "hangover" feeling;

problems with memory or concentration;

anxiety, depression, nervous feeling;

headache;

nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, constipation;

dry mouth;

unusual or unpleasant taste in your mouth; or

mild skin rash.