Anyone here delt with Chaintech's customer service?

bullion416

Jun 17, 2001
I have a Chaintech GeForce4 TI4200 128mb, 8x AGP video card that I bought a couple months ago. I have determined that the fan on the heatsink does not work which is why I have been getting skewed/distorted lines when playing video games. In fact, the heatsink is extremely hot (too hot to touch). I don't see any literature in the retail box that it came it about the warranty. I would like to assume it is under warranty still. I just wanted to know what kind of experiences you guys had when dealing with Chaintech's customer service. I am also wondering if they will ship me a new card before I have to send them my old one.

high

Banned
Sep 14, 2003
I actually had that same card and dealt with their CSR's via telephone. Very quick and friendly service on the phone, and I had a quick fix that didn't need to be RMA'd, so I was impressed. Providing you only bought it a few months ago you will definitely be underf warranty. I wish I had their 1-800 # but I guess you could grav it off their website

thenerdguy

Jan 24, 2003
Ive had good luck with chaintech. Customer service was very fast and could speak english. :)

bullion416

Jun 17, 2001
Does anyone know if they have an 1-800 number? The only number I saw on the box was a Taiwan number and I can't find anything on their website. I did fill out a technical support request form.....maybe that is how they handle warranty service now?