Anyone here a......VEGETARIAN???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ed21x

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2001
off the top of my head:

French Fries
Baked Potato with broccoli and cheese
Feticcini alfredo
Corn soup (cream style)
Pasta with marinara sauce
fried zuchini

yeah, I'm a big fan of Carl's Jr here on the west coast :)

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: dr150
For a meat eater like me, what are the tastiest foods to mean someone off meats?
McDonalds - If that crap is meat, I'll kiss your ass in Macy's window.

civad

Golden Member
May 30, 2001
---> A former full-time vegeterian, now an occasional non-veg eater (only Chicken and turkey)

DarkMajiq

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2000
Originally posted by: dr150
Anyone here a......VEGETARIAN???

Piss off, no! I couldn't live without meat. I'm from Alberta, which is where most of Canada's beef is produced. Even if I weren't, though, I would still have to eat my beef. I don't know how anyone does without it. Mmm... beef....

lukatmyshu

Aug 22, 2001
Been a vegetarian for about 12 years .... honestly if you eat Indian food you really wont miss it. It's probably the best vegetarian food (besides wheat gluten stuff) out there.

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
If I don't eat meat at least twice a day I get very nervous about my personal state of being because I've gone at least 10 years eating meat twice a day.

whaleskinrug

Golden Member
Sep 25, 2003
I didn't eat meat, fish, or chicken for 17 years and then I got so tired of people trying to "outveg" me and compare their "vege-holiness" that I devoured a steak. Now I occassionally eat meat, but I detest chicken for some reason. I am totally serious btw.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: lukatmyshu
Been a vegetarian for about 12 years .... honestly if you eat Indian food you really wont miss it. It's probably the best vegetarian food (besides wheat gluten stuff) out there.

The problem with Indian vegetarian foods (and I've tried a number of them) is that they just don't taste quite right. It's like you eat something, and it almost tastes like something you're familiar with, but has a funky aftertaste. Afterwards, you find you're just not satisfied with the whole experience.

So I'll just have a Black Angus filet mignon, cooked medium well, thank you. :beer::D (Edit: With lots of A1!)