Anyone hear of comedian Dwight York?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I had a chance to catch his act. He does a bunch of one liners- kind of like a demented Rodney Dangerfield- pretty good stuff! Here's some samples:

I went on a bus tour this summer. Didn't take me long to walk through that.

I have a friend who's an extreme migrant worker. He grows tumbleweeds.

Some guy came up to me and says, "Can I ask you a rhetorical question?" And I thinking, am I supposed to answer that?

I use to be a proof reader. Now it doesn?t matter what the alcohol content, I?ll drink it.

I thought I saw an angel last night. Turns out it was just one of those really large moths. Good thing to because it was a black one.

My landlord called and told me he was raising my rent. I thought, well that?s nice of him, because I wasn?t going to be able to come up with it on my own this month. Anybody want to chip in, I think he has a fund going.

A while back a friend of mine got that caller ID. I?ve been meaning to ask him how he likes it but I haven't been able to get a hold of him since.

My girlfriend just go her handwriting analyzed. Found out that she?s illiterate.

There is a magic shop where I live. Well, sometimes its there and some times it is not.

Saw this guy on the side of the road with a sign ?will work food,? so I gave him a coconut.

I have a friend who?s a pro boxer. He works at the end of an assembly line.

I thought I saw Brett Farve today. Turns out it was just some guy wearing his jersey.

My neighbor lady is a witch. She turned my best friend into a frog. That was mean. He loved being a tadpole.

I wish that I were invisible. Maybe if I were like my girlfriend, people would stop making fun of us when we're together.

I?ve never had very good balance, you know, when it comes to chemicals in the brain. Mom used to refer to me as the fruitcake of her loins.

They say you can?t have too much of a good thing. I wish I would?ve been part of that study.

I have a checkered past. I used to play a lot of Monopoly too.

My girlfriend is quite the looker. She is always checking out the guys.

My girlfriend thinks I should be more understanding. I don?t know why.

I have a friend who is an astronomer. He can spot a planet a million miles away.

Do you know what I hate about Bill Gates? He never calls.

They say gambling is a sin. I?m betting god will forgive me.

Looking at the bright side gives me an eyestrain headache.

The early worm gets eaten.

I believe I?m on a mission from God. He wants me to just blend in.

I?m constantly traveling. Every year I go around the sun.

There is a saying "greed rules the world." I'm trying to get it copyrighted.

I have had trouble sleeping lately. My new boss keeps a close eye on me.

I found God. He has a chat room on the Internet. His earth name is Stanley.

I have been having transmission problems lately. No one seems to be getting my telepathic messages.

I try and do what I can to help those that are less fortunate than I am. Luckily they are hard to find.

Attrox

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2004
haha.. some of the lines were pretty funny.
Is this Dwight Yorke the soccer player? :shocked:

Edit: Gonna use one of the line as my sig :D

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Attrox
haha.. some of the lines were pretty funny.
Is this Dwight Yorke the soccer player? :shocked:

Edit: Gonna use one of the line as my sig :D

He's a stand up comedian. Had me busting a gut!