Anyone have the Samsung SCH-i730

Dec 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
Looks pretty sweet. Debating getting one.

Thanks!

My roommate and is friend both have one. It's bulky, the wifi is spoty and the battery life sucks. You pretty much have to use the extended battery which makes it even bulkier.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Mike

Thanks!

My roommate and is friend both have one. It's bulky, the wifi is spoty and the battery life sucks. You pretty much have to use the extended battery which makes it even bulkier.

What kind of battery life am I talking about?

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I looked into them and the battery life is supposed to be terrible. Motorola Q + extended battery ftw :D

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
I have one. I rarely use wifi or bluetooth. Or the phone itself for calls, for that matter. I charge the extended battery once every couple of weeks. It comes with two batteries. The normal one lasts several days. WiFi eats quite a bit of battery life. You can get some utilities to help reduce power consumption by basically stepping down the processing power it uses.

My friend who has one told me the new windows mobile may not support it. I have WM 5, which is pretty cool. It no longer requires you to hang up the phone while using wifi.

The Wifi is not great since it is B and not G, though. Good enough for my purposes - checking mail and sites at the airport, cafes, etc.

ryan256

Platinum Member
Jul 22, 2005
Originally posted by: Mike

Thanks!

I was wondering about the battery life. I nearly got one a few weeks back when I was looking at phones. Glad I didn't.