Anyone have T-Mobile internet service?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I got an email (Im a T-Mobile cell customer) for no cap internet service for $25/mo. Ive always been a little hesitant on 5G internet, as I know speeds can vary. Just curious what yous have experienced?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I have cable myself but my downstairs neighbor has T-mobile wireless internet now.

She's not the technical/ATOT type sadly so no help with gaming or similar but she streams to her 4k TV all the time and says that works just fine.

As for my own personal experience with T-Mobile, their smartphone service is pretty reliable for voice and data in metro areas and near highways but falls off when you get out in the boonies.

Reactions: Charmonium

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I'm interested in it. I use a walmart phone for internet. It has some conveniences, even with the constraints, but when they switch away from Tmobile, or otherwise piss me off, I'll get Tmobile internet. I have good 5g coverage at my house.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
My parents have it, spent 3 weeks at their place over the summer. It can be fast, but it also can be slow. Speed variability is kind of annoying. It is absolutely not suitable for game streaming. Latency variation caused all kinds of problems. Works fine for netflix/youtube.

Only really worthwhile if your only other options are <10Mb.

Reactions: Charmonium

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Probably has much to do with how T-Mobile is in your area. For me , basically a non starter as T-Mobile is garbage for about 5mile radius of my home.

go over a couple towns and it’s pretty good.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Thanks guys for the input. I think Im gonna pass as latency is a big factor for me and from your comments, and a few comments from coworkers, it can be a problem.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Thanks guys for the input. I think Im gonna pass as latency is a big factor for me and from your comments, and a few comments from coworkers, it can be a problem.

fwiw, I moved to Comcast business which is unlimited data. A tad bit more money for less speed but latency is fine. They have business SLA’s also, so if there’s a problem there’s an actual commitment instead of “oops, we know, we’ll get to it eventually”

Reactions: blackangst1