Anyone have BellSouth DSL?

ZowieHowie

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2002
I'm in the process of moving, and I can either go with Comcast or Bellsouth for High-Speed

I called Comcast, and they have some pretty sweet deals on Cable Internet and Cable TV, but the rates are only good for 5 months.

I'm leaning towards Bellsouth for DSL and phone. They have DSL Lite ($24.95) and the next step up is $33.95. Does anyone have DSL lite? How are your speeds? The CSR made it seem that it was terrible, and that the $33.95 is a better option. Basically, I browse the internet, chat, and sometimes download (though infrequently)

Can someone make a recommendation ;-)

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
I would say lite unless you split it to more than 2 computers. What you use the net for doesn't need that much bandwidth.

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
i got the 3.0 service becuse the 6.0 its not availible. but I never had a problem with bellsouth even during the huricans it stayed up even when the phones had no dial tone.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
Comcast if you plan on networking more than one computer, DSL if you're only going to use it on one.

ZowieHowie

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Xanis
Comcast if you plan on networking more than one computer, DSL if you're only going to use it on one.

Well, I plan on using it on 2-3 computers (1 desktop and 1 or 2 laptops). Is DSL really not a good option for more than 1 computer? I was gong to set up the laptop(s) wirelessly and have the desktop hard wired to the router.

-The DSL Lite has DL/Upload speeds of: Up to 256 Kbps/128 Kbps
-The DSL Ultra has DL/Upload speeds of: Up to 1.5 Mbps/256 Kbps

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
Go for the cheapest one, and then upgrade if you feel it isn't enough (if you choose dsl that is).