Anyone have an exotic pet...?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LanceM

Mar 13, 2004
Used to have a rose-haired tarantula. Only bad part was keeping the live crickets around.

EDIT: His name is Zorro. My old roommate takes care of him, now.

davew0670

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2003
ive had

gold tegu..got rid of him because he smeared his bloody kill all over the front glass of cage every single time

2 savannah monitors- both were mean as hell and messy eaters

9 foot burmese python - probably the best snake Ive ever had. Sold her to a guy that collects snakes and does snake shows all over th world. I worked in a pet store and ladies would come in with these big pet rabbits that their kids got as pets and had outgrown them. They would ask if we could find a good home for the rabbit...yep sure can.

columbian red tail boa- bad ass

reticulated python...had it for a week..mean as hell

numerous different types of lizards

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: davew0670
ive had

gold tegu..got rid of him because he smeared his bloody kill all over the front glass of cage every single time

2 savannah monitors- both were mean as hell and messy eaters

9 foot burmese python - probably the best snake Ive ever had. Sold her to a guy that collects snakes and does snake shows all over th world. I worked in a pet store and ladies would come in with these big pet rabbits that their kids got as pets and had outgrown them. They would ask if we could find a good home for the rabbit...yep sure can.

columbian red tail boa- bad ass

reticulated python...had it for a week..mean as hell

numerous different types of lizards

Burmese python - that's just mean </sarcastic>. Did the kids ever come along to see their rabbits off? :evil::D

Reticulated python - I've read that those things are pretty tempermental. Looks like there's some truth to this.

I like my ball python. He's quite calm, except when he smells mice. He just goes completely nuts then.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
i always wanted a snake, but my mother never let me get one.... so i got lizards instead
2 leopard geckos
&
1 bearded dragon

i SO want a frilled dragon.. they look awesome, but heard its not common for them to be docile enough to hold without gloves.