Anyone get stretch mark on their arms?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rust5tyle

Dec 23, 2002
I saw this really fat lady the other day who had immense strech marks. It didn't look like she had any elbows either. Ugh...

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
To many carbs do a good job of making the skin weak, that surface fat layer is really what kills ya it seems. I used to weight 350 and I'm now down to 210, stretch marks were a problem till I started eating lots of meat and veggies. Now the only stretch marks you can see on my body are the ones on the air sack of a stomach I have now, which will be removed soon enough. I'm half black and very athletic though, I think stretch marks stand out quite a bit more if you have light skin.

People with a stretch mark problem could really bennifit from a toning diet, it tightens the skin quite a bit.

"I used to weight 350 and I'm now down to 210, stretch marks were a problem till I started eating lots of meat and veggies."

There's no way I'll agree with this. I was about underweight as a kid, but I ate like crazy. And I ate the healthiest foods and lowest in carbo. A lot of protein, meat, and vegetables. That's basically all I ever ate, with carbo only a few times in my life. Yet, my marks are everywhere, on my tighs, my behind, my chest, my calves (right underneath and on my knees) and one on my shoulder. They were very apparent on my behind though. They're mild everywhere else. Basically I would say they're insignificant elsewhere. Either I've adjusted to the marks or they've actually subsided and aren't as visual as before. I think they blend with my skin so they aren't that noticeable. Strangely I do like them, except the ones on my behind make me wonder sometimes. :p

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Yeah the diet thing is absolutely wrong. If anything having less fat under the skin would make it easier for stretchmarks to happen.