Anyone feel different once the sun goes down?

manlymatt83

Lifer
Oct 14, 2005
Recently, I feel fine during the day... no problem. But as I sit at my desk, right around 4:30 EST, I notice my eyes start getting a little bit heavier, my skin gets a little warmer, maybe a tiny headache comes....

But it always happens at around the same time ---- sunset.

seems once the sun goes down I feel different.

Ideas?

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Um, what time do you normally get up? Personally, I have a very ****** up sleeping schedule, I can't wake up at the same time each morning... So maybe you need to sleep at different times of the day and see how that goes?

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
Get more sleep?

I always feel better at night... but that might be because I've had plenty of time to self-medicate by then.

Jun 27, 2005
Hmm... Don't see any daylight till 9:45 or so... Dark again at 3:30... In three weeks it will be even worse. Meh.

UDT89

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
i feel the same way. i feel like energy is drained from me when the sun goes down......

very odd.

NathanBWF

Golden Member
May 29, 2003
Yeah, that happens to me. What makes it suck even more is that I live in central Canada, so it gets freakin' dark at like 5pm, and the sun doesn't come up until 9am. Oh, and it's minus eleventy billion degrees outside too. This goes on for about 8 months every year.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Melatonin production dramatically increases as light exposure decreases. If you're getting drowsy in a well-lit room, your melatonin production is probably just wacky. Be thankful, go to sleep extra early so that you get a ton of sleep. Now that's the ideal life right there

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
When the sun goes down I get a jolt of energy. During the day I get REALLY groggy... I wish universities had night owl classes like at 2AM for nocturnal bunnies like meself.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Eeezee
Melatonin production dramatically increases as light exposure decreases. If you're getting drowsy in a well-lit room, your melatonin production is probably just wacky. Be thankful, go to sleep extra early so that you get a ton of sleep. Now that's the ideal life right there

confirmed. was gonna reply with the melatonin answer.