Anyone excited for OnePlus?

Page 61 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rfs830

Jan 28, 2005
If anyone wants and invite, pm me. I have 2 invites im looking to give away. Just pm me your email address.

edit

down to 1 invite left

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2014
Frig I hate this invite system.

I want to buy multiple phones but can't get invites very easily. Great system.

How about Pre-orders, take my money, then ship when you can?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Here is a video review of the phone

http://twit.cachefly.net/video/byb/byb0133/byb0133_h264b_640x368_256.mp4

They really like the phone. The main drawbacks are the invite process, screen gestures that can turn on phone functions at the wrong time in your pocket (each is able to be turned off individually), and the size if you like smaller phones.

Twit.tv is a streamcast network started by Leo Laporte who was a host on the old Tech TV channel.

There are a lot of good shows at that site besides Before you Buy

Last edited:

ImDonly1

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004
I'm loving my 64 gig opo. So much better than my galaxy s3. Im about to jump onto cricket for the 5 gig data plan and the phone will pay for itself in a few months :)

I haven't noticed any yellowing.

If you sign up by a certain date I believe you get 10gb instead of 5gb.
I'm on the 3gb plan, so far so good.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Suggestions on best dataplan to use with the OPO?

I'm currently using TMo $30/month for unlimited data/text and 100mins voice. I rarely use voice, so I'm more concerned with data usage. When I get my hands on an OPO, it will replace my SG3 (which has been hampered to edge speeds only after a flaked out CyangenMod update a while back... sucks)

Thoughts?

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Suggestions on best dataplan to use with the OPO?

I'm currently using TMo $30/month for unlimited data/text and 100mins voice. I rarely use voice, so I'm more concerned with data usage. When I get my hands on an OPO, it will replace my SG3 (which has been hampered to edge speeds only after a flaked out CyangenMod update a while back... sucks)

Thoughts?

your tmo plan is fine. you can always voip call too if need be.

Feb 19, 2001
Here is a video review of the phone

http://twit.cachefly.net/video/byb/byb0133/byb0133_h264b_640x368_256.mp4

They really like the phone. The main drawbacks are the invite process, screen gestures that can turn on phone functions at the wrong time in your pocket (each is able to be turned off individually), and the size if you like smaller phones.

Twit.tv is a streamcast network started by Leo Laporte who was a host on the old Tech TV channel.

There are a lot of good shows at that site besides Before you Buy

I had a few instances of turning on music accidentally in the beginning w/ gestures, but they have since added an option to use the proximity sensor so that you can't activate gestures in your pocket. I don't think I've ever pulled the phone out with the flashlight on since then.

Radeon962

Jan 1, 2005
I had a few instances of turning on music accidentally in the beginning w/ gestures, but they have since added an option to use the proximity sensor so that you can't activate gestures in your pocket. I don't think I've ever pulled the phone out with the flashlight on since then.

I just turned the gestures off. I do have knock on/knock off on though as quite possibly the best feature on a smart phone. Whenever I pick up a phone I find myself double tapping the screen. Great for a quick glance at the office when you have a notification flashing.

EightySix Four

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2004
Question for those using one of the screen protectors, do any of them make the "feel" of the phone better? I notice my finger kind of drags across the glass on the screen instead of gliding as well as it does with other phones, this was especially noticeable playing with a 6+ yesterday.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Question for those using one of the screen protectors, do any of them make the "feel" of the phone better? I notice my finger kind of drags across the glass on the screen instead of gliding as well as it does with other phones, this was especially noticeable playing with a 6+ yesterday.
I remember thinking that the MIME Ghost Glass felt slicker under my finger than the phone's glass. I noticed that the most while playing games.

EightySix Four

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2004
Blah, was handing the phone to someone and it slipped between us, cracked the screen. Case was going to be here on Monday. Anyone replaced a screen yet?

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Blah, was handing the phone to someone and it slipped between us, cracked the screen. Case was going to be here on Monday. Anyone replaced a screen yet?

from what I hear it's the same screen as the oppo 7 but I don't think it's cheap. Might be better to just sell this for parts and purchase another.

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Work just added a new responsibility to my list and ordered me a company iphone 6 today. I just found out.

Not sure if 6 or 6+ that is coming yet. (could be either depending which is available at time of order - I gave preference for 6+)

That said, I am not going to pay for my monthly bill and keep my OnePlus One when work will pay for a better plan with an iphone.

I didn't know this was coming - Guess I'm going to be selling my OnePlus and cancelling my personal line.

Oct 25, 2006
Work just added a new responsibility to my list and ordered me a company iphone 6 today. I just found out.

Not sure if 6 or 6+ that is coming yet. (could be either depending which is available at time of order - I gave preference for 6+)

That said, I am not going to pay for my monthly bill and keep my OnePlus One when work will pay for a better plan with an iphone.

I didn't know this was coming - Guess I'm going to be selling my OnePlus and cancelling my personal line.

No way to just use the 1+ by swapping Sims?

jacktesterson

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
No way to just use the 1+ by swapping Sims?

More than likely its a iphone 6 64GB that I will get - will know soon enough. (6+ is an option but last I heard they were backordered through work)

My Director put the request in. I told him I'd prefer the 6+ but I need it for next week so I will get whatever they can send me the fastest.

I'm not going to keep 2 devices around. I don't want to chance putting a work sim in my Android device either when we only have iphones.

Last edited:

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Wife's new One Plus One has no yellow band. So far very impressed.

Nice. I want a new phone as well but now I have to wait for the nexus 6 or something else. Looks like Verizon isn't even throttling anymore so I'm not sure. I did give my invites away though.

Would be nice to see how many newer models do have the yellow band?

openwheel

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2012
I would stick with VZ unlimited. One+One is nice, but phones come and go, true unlimited data is not coming back anytime soon.