Anyone ever sold a Domain?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
I was wondering what was involved in the process of transfering ownership of that domain to someone else.... I currently have all my domains through Godaddy, if that helps any....

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
I don't think it would be that hard... get the money and then transfer the domain to them? Unless you want some sort of middle-man?

NetGuySC

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999

I bought a domain ... then a business wanted it ... they sent me a check and I never did anything else ... they now have the domain.

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: cpals
I don't think it would be that hard... get the money and then transfer the domain to them? Unless you want some sort of middle-man?

No, haha... I was actually wondered HOW the transfer actually takes place.... :)

MainFramed

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
Originally posted by: NetGuySC
I bought a domain ... then a business wanted it ... they sent me a check and I never did anything else ... they now have the domain.

how did they "get" the domain? :confused:

aphex

Jul 19, 2001
Well i just found a easy tutorial at godaddy.com, so i guess i answered it myself :)

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
I'm pretty sure it's just a normal "transfer" thing in GoDaddy... I'll look.

mrlayance

Jul 11, 2002
I use to own goggle.ca
I sold it when people where handing out lawsuits.

Got $500 for it :)

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Found it... in your Domain List... click Domain Details on the one you want to change.

Then there will be a list of options across the top. Click "change owner"

NetGuySC

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
I wasn't trying to be funny when I said i did nothing. But that is exactly what happened. When they bought it I expected to have to do something but I never did have to do anything.

I didn't expect my post to help much, but since no one else had answered at the point I decided to give my useless answer :)

NetGuySC

Golden Member
Nov 19, 1999
inguyen

I really have no idea how they did it but they did, and it didn't expire first.

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
inguyen I really have no idea how they did it but they did, and it didn't expire first.

wow, that's weird unless you gave them some written permission and you actually sign the paper in front of the registrar then it's possible. Other than that, i dont think it's legal.

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: SyahM
inguyen I really have no idea how they did it but they did, and it didn't expire first.

wow, that's weird unless you gave them some written permission and you actually sign the paper in front of the registrar then it's possible. Other than that, i dont think it's legal.

You can authorize transfer electronically.