Anyone ever make their own battle bot?

JotaJ

Dec 2, 2001
I've been watching the show for awhile and recently decided to try and make my own. On doing research on their site, i saw they reccomend getting boards/chips and all this other electrical equipment. The handyboard that one site is offering looks promising, but is like 300 bucks. Then i thought about all the old r/c racecars i have laying around. I was wondering if anyone made a battlebot out of an old race car board? I would change the motor to a stronger one, and if i need a second board to control something else (i.e. a weapon system) i could use a different controller/board from another r/c car i have laying around. makes sense in my head but wanted to know if this was tried before i get all deep in it and find out my plan was stupid to begin with. Thanks!

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Originally posted by: TechieZer0
I thought about it. The very FIRST step is to download their rules PDF and read it.

Yeah, i thought about it, but it seems these things would be REALLY expensive, not to mention time-consuming.....good luck if you attempt one, and make sure you let us know before you go on TV!

Jan 18, 2001
Who hasn't thought about it? In the end, any sane person decides its much more fun and to drink beer and watch the show instead.