Anyone else watching Chuck?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: GrantMeThePower
Originally posted by: BigJ
Originally posted by: her209
Originally posted by: cw42
The girl is hawt!!!

took long enough for someone in this thread to mention that.

Haha... actually I was referring to Chuck's sister, but the blonde is a hawty too! :heart:

Ever since she was on Scrubs (the sister) I've been in love.

GIFT SHOP GIRL!!!!

Which girl (the sister or the blonde) is gift shop girl? its been too long to place the face....

;)

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: BigJ
The girl is hawt!!!

Haha... actually I was referring to Chuck's sister, but the blonde is a hawty too! :heart:

Ever since she was on Scrubs (the sister) I've been in love.

GIFT SHOP GIRL!!!!

Which girl (the sister or the blonde) is gift shop girl? its been too long to place the face....

The sister. her real name is Sarah Lancaster. funny how she now plays a doctor.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
This show looks like trash from the previews. More junk TV. Not that I've seen it...i can tell :p

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: herkulease
The girl is hawt!!!

Of course Lisa Gift Shop Girl is hot. JD seeminly gets all the hot girls. He just finds ways to blow it with them or finds wierdos like TCW.

who was TCW? i can't seem to remember...thanks.

EDIT: nevermind, googled it. tasty coma wife aka amy smart. sorry for taking up space. :p

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Like I mentioned in the other Chuck thread, the best part was the beginning with the Bourne-like fight scenes :Q!

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
The wife and I watched it and it was alright, I'll give a a try a few more times and see where it goes.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: PokerGuy
I wasn't overly impressed, but the sister (Lancaster) is smokin'!

they were BOTH smokin!!! THe underwear shots of the CIA agent were...perfect. :)

Lord Evermore

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Recorded it. Watching it now. I got through 15 minutes of it and counted like 43 billion bad, overused nerd cliches and misused, dumbed-down technology things.

Downloading the data from the mainframe to the computer causes all of the data to randomly display all over the screens in the room? And the room's entire internal surface area is made up of computer screens for what reason?

The download to the handheld took a couple of minutes. Sending the email to Chuck which contained all of that data took half a second before the handheld self-destructed. And though the handheld was destroyed, the secret agent "picked up a trace signal" that led them to Los Angeles; what the hell kind of signal could even remotely possibly give them that information?

The Mac falls on the floor from 5 feet up and shatters. I thought they'd be a little sturdier than that, given the price. The side of it falls off, every internal component falls out and breaks into pieces, including the hard drive. And the ninja agent leaves it there despite the fact that the NSA can recover data from a hard drive even if you try to destroy with anything short of a drill, thermite or acid.

All of the "geek jokes" and references to nerdy things just make me groan, they just stand out so much. I expect them to wink at the camera when they use one of them. Haha, a dumb guy comes into the store and doesn't know he needs a tape in his video camera, what an idiot, haha. Oh Nerd Herd, where could they have come up with that, and they work at Buy More and drive Focuses with orange and black colors.

I'll finish the pilot and maybe watch one more episode if I can stand it, but I don't think I'm going to be able to stand this. It's Jake 2.0 all over again, but on network TV.

If they didn't try so hard to put in "inside jokes" for the geeks, plus the jokes about geeks that average people will get, AND didn't have gratuitous instances of technology that is so badly misused and misrepresented, then it might be okay. But then, they'd have to start off with finding some less implausible idea for how Chuck gets all the data into his brain.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
I think the thing is to look at this show as more of a comedy than a drama...just ignore the bs stuff...its mcg for crying out loud!

I doubt this show can go the distance, but it was pretty entertaining and could continue to be if the scantily clad agent stays scantily clad.

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
Ohhh... that panty shot was pretty smokin'.

someone should take all of those shots from the first season, then splice them altogether...then it'll be something worth watching!

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Indolent
I refuse to watch any new NBC shows after last year. If they actually show more than 10 episodes, I might give it a chance.

They will cancel it because people didn't watch the first 10 episodes. Scratch that, the first 2 episodes.

hanoverphist

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2006
I think the thing is to look at this show as more of a comedy than a drama...just ignore the bs stuff...its mcg for crying out loud!

I doubt this show can go the distance, but it was pretty entertaining and could continue to be if the scantily clad agent stays scantily clad.

especially if she stays scantily clad near the sister, also scantily clad.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Yep, watched it last night.... won't probably be watching it again. Not my cup of tea I guess.... was just too corny!

"This laptop has a backdoor into it's DOS blah blah blah..." sounds like a complete noob wrote the script.

Lord Evermore

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

I don't have a clue who McG is, and even great directors/producers/whatever can make crap sometimes. The "bs stuff" is what the show is based on.

I did like the "Astro Diapers" in the Large Mart. Just saw that, made me laugh.

Lord Evermore

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Well hell. Who knew a show could go from utter dreck at the beginning to not bad by the end? Once they got over making fun of geeks (for the most part) it turned into something worth watching. Although still too much make believe. And awkward bad dialog.

And oh my god, A DOS override (both a completely made up feature AND a misused name all in one). And instant Internet connectivity. And a virus that makes a computer spark and burn out. And frankly, if I need to hurry to take action to defuse a bomb, I'm NOT going to sit there cracking my knuckles and begin typing with a flourish, after spending half the available time discussing whether I should do it. I want more than a millisecond of time left on the clock (and it's hilarious that it's no longer enough to have the bomb defused at the last second, but now the last millisecond).

Sister: she's attractive but not blazing hot.

CIA wench: very hot, the panty shots were gratuitous but appealing, but not enough of it. And her front teeth creep me out. Like they stuck in some fake ones that were made to a standard mold without regard to whether they fit in her head.

Chuck: attractive but please dear God don't let any episodes have him take his shirt off. I like skinny guys but I can't imagine that being very attractive in this case.