Anyone else think that Granholm will be the next governor kicked out of office?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: Sedition
Originally posted by: JS80
What most of you nitwits can't seem to grasp is that there is very (VERY) little incentive for manufacturers to stay in the United States. Manufacturing has been jumping ship from Michigan at an explosive rate since the 70's (and probably earlier). With the economic "downturn" this is becoming more and more true because now quality and American workmenship isn't even worth considering.

I love when people say that raising taxes on business scared them away or that union's are too demanding and scare them away. The fact of the matter is that the companies don't give a fuck about you except that you need their product. There is a lot of wake up calls that are needed in this country. Until we start putting huge restrictions on imports and completely taking away tax support to companies that ship all their jobs over to third world countries there will continue to be a huge gap in manufacturing jobs.

Wake up morons.

lol irony. :roll: @ you.

I am very interested in what you find ironic. This isn't an Alanis Morissette song.

You just called people morons all the while you are advocating trade protectionism that would be the equivalent to shooting yourself in the foot. That's irony right derr.

Sedition

Dec 23, 2008
What most of you nitwits can't seem to grasp is that there is very (VERY) little incentive for manufacturers to stay in the United States. Manufacturing has been jumping ship from Michigan at an explosive rate since the 70's (and probably earlier). With the economic "downturn" this is becoming more and more true because now quality and American workmenship isn't even worth considering.

I love when people say that raising taxes on business scared them away or that union's are too demanding and scare them away. The fact of the matter is that the companies don't give a fuck about you except that you need their product. There is a lot of wake up calls that are needed in this country. Until we start putting huge restrictions on imports and completely taking away tax support to companies that ship all their jobs over to third world countries there will continue to be a huge gap in manufacturing jobs.

Wake up morons.

I am very interested in what you find ironic. This isn't an Alanis Morissette song.

You just called people morons all the while you are advocating trade protectionism that would be the equivalent to shooting yourself in the foot. That's irony right derr.

Yep, keep blowing big business... they are doing so much for us.

Keep taking shots in the mouth for free if you really want.

The corporate whore calls me the dumb one.

Irony (from the Ancient Greek e????e?a eironeía, meaning hypocrisy, deception, or feigned ignorance) is a literary or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity or discordance between what one says or does and what one means or what is generally understood. Irony is a mode of expression that calls attention to the character's knowledge and that of the audience

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008

Wake up morons.

Liberals in California said good riddance to the rich. They left. Now liberals in California are crying about it.

Oct 30, 2004
Sedition, I agree. I wouldn't count on a large percentage of the populace "waking up" because most Americans have accepted free market ideology and meritocracy as though it were a religion. Thus, unrestricted international trade is always in Americans' rational selfish economic interest, so the reasoning goes, and hard working people will always succeed and thrive and find jobs and those who don't just aren't good enough or don't work hard enough. That's the dogma and the only thing that might force Americans to question the wisdom of it would be a second Great Depression. However, what will happen is that the media and the politicians and the economic pundits will say that America's problem is that it needs more and better education (for non-existent job positions). Then people will blame themselves and flood into the universities taking on student loans that they'll have tremendous difficulty paying back. Once they're unemployed or underemployed-and-involuntarily-out-of-field they'll probably blame themselves for not having been good enough or for not having worked hard enough.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: NSFWThe premise is that she has done nothing to help the residents of the state in any way. While I don't know of anything that she has done that would be an obvious reason for impeachment, she has basically stood by and watched her state fall apart. For people that aren't stuck here, its hard to explain how bad of shape the state really is in.

That is accurate.