Anyone else pissed off at the progress of rebuilding at the WTC?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Not only is the economic conditions unfavorable but the amount of parties involved with the design, approval and legal/environmental issues is probably larger than any other development in US history.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
Not only is the economic conditions unfavorable but the amount of parties involved with the design, approval and legal/environmental issues is probably larger than any other development in US history.

Panama Canal says HI! But yeah I agree with you for the most part.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Meh. Patranus is always pissed off about something, anything, particularly if he can find a way to blame it on teh ebil libruhls...

Outrage addiction must be fed... must... keep... panties... in... knots...

I really don't care if they just leave it as a hole in the ground indefinitely, until it's profitable to do otherwise.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Meh. Patranus is always pissed off about something, anything, particularly if he can find a way to blame it on teh ebil libruhls...

Outrage addiction must be fed... must... keep... panties... in... knots...

I really don't care if they just leave it as a hole in the ground indefinitely, until it's profitable to do otherwise.

i think we have higher priorities than ego stroking ourselves, like cleaning up this goddamn oil spill that's destroying communities of the gulf and their economies, but of course people are gonna call me a flaming liberal for it thinking i desecrated the holy day of 9/11 for daring to compare anything to it.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
I quit paying attention to what was being done there once it became clear they would not replace the buildings with 2 taller buildings of similar design.

Six

Feb 29, 2000
Possibly because there's insurance money and unless they rebuild that money goes to waste. Plus there's an issue of national pride in restoring what was lost along with a big 'FU' to OBL. imo, the design should have looked like a big middle finger directed at the ME.

LOL. Yeah...tell it like it is!