Anyone else having trouble with the Crysis Demo

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
So I installed the Crysis demo this evening, and decided to launch with the graphics settings at their lowest, resolution set to my LCDs native of 1680x1050.

I am getting major graphics glitches...during the opening movie sequence, the military transport carrying your Delta squad flies across the screen completely invisible...I can see the smoke trails, and the outline of the plane, but nothing else.

During the parachute jump, same problem...I can see my character's hands, but they are completely invisible.

Once you land in the water, I can't make out anything...I can see patches of land just fine, but with large gray boxes filling the majority of the screen...similarly, when I am under water, the entire screen goes gray.

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Oct 19, 2007
I got this same thing. I turned the aa setting in my control panel to application and the game worked fine. Might give that a whirl.

SexyK

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2001
Definitely a driver problem... game should run OK on your hardware on low settings.

RajunCajun

Nov 30, 2000
Well I have a 7900GS in my desktop running Xtreme-G 94.XX (don't recall exact #) - I have NO graphics problem running at a mix of med & low settings. Not blazing fast and some minor hitching, but nothing as described above, so I would NOT blame the drivers first - look at all the other settings in your driver & Crysis and play around with them.

The new drivers wouldn't hurt, especially on newer 8 series cards, but I generally stick with a proven driver set until I'm forced to change - right now I see no reason.

BTW, CoD4 demo runs really well on these same drivers.